Pre-Order Thread

I think @djdavedk is saying that those prices can still turn a profit, while others are simply gouging the price because people will buy it.
Exactly. If a really nice 3 LP set can cost $35, why is a single LP also $35, or $40, or $45.
(non-"audiophile" press)
The Stereolab reissues sound amazing, so to me, they are audiophile releases!

Hey @BjorgenFjorgen I still have a working 160gb iPod Classic. It’s yours if you want it. I can bring it down to TO sometime in the fall (hopefully).
Wow, that's very generous of you to offer! I'll try to remember this for the next time you're in town and we're able to grab drinks again!

I realize that the vinyl collecting hobby is quickly becoming “charge as much as you can.” It sort of reminds me of the early days of the compact disc.

When I see a 3LP beautifully remastered edition from stereolab for $35, A single LP Voivod re-issue on colored vinyl for $19, and many other examples of this, I feel like some decision-makers are making the hobby a lot less affordable for many people.

Yes, there will always be used records and I think that’s the way to go for many buyers and collectors. Sadly, even common used titles are starting to creep up in price.

This may cause some people to stop collecting and go back to digital streaming and files. Especially since wages aren’t really increasing at the same rate.
Personally, the sky high prices and lack of QA industry wide has led me to starting a savings goal for a Bluesound Node 2i. Just going to focus on rewarding those that value their product as much as their customer and stream everything else. Right now it seems like the industry is just saying “charge as much as you want and the quality is secondary”. Pretty depressing but this hobby has been stressing me out more than bringing me pleasure this year.

New EP from Girl K

I have no idea how long this pre-order will last (might sell out today imo). but pretty hyped about this. if you don't know what this is, it's basically the "Trout Mask Replica" of late 2000s emo/metalcore. even comes with that classic cover of "Crank That" by Soulja boy :cool::cool:

1626452038448.png

1626452131551.png

1626452137811.png

Back