Pre-Order Thread

I wouldn’t doubt it. I mean people would buy three and return the records they didn’t want to get the discount prices which I think is abusing the system. People will always ruin a good thing.
The other side of that is they are a giant corporation worth $60+ billion whose website couldn’t figure out how to close that loophole. They also sold tons of preorders of inventory they couldn’t actually get so a lot of people missed out on albums they wanted. Amazon had the same kind of sale and they figured out how to do it so their system couldn’t be gamed in the same way…

i dont blame people for using that loophole. I did it myself. If they were some small indie store I wouldn’t have done it.

The other side of that is they are a giant corporation worth $60+ billion whose website couldn’t figure out how to close that loophole. They also sold tons of preorders of inventory they couldn’t actually get so a lot of people missed out on albums they wanted. Amazon had the same kind of sale and they figured out how to do it so their system couldn’t be gamed in the same way…

i dont blame people for using that loophole. I did it myself. If they were some small indie store I wouldn’t have done it.
I understand that they are a huge corporation, but they are still not in the business to sell things at a loss. That’s why they are multi billion dollar company.

There's no way it would have been at a loss with the "trick" cause they never shipped. One record at 33% off, would cost them the same hit to their bottom line as buy 2 get 1. But if people were waiting and return shipping that would probably ding them for sure. I suspect a lot of people were shitty and they had no idea that collectors care about the sleeve or warps, so that probably dinged them too since based on the way a lot of the stores treat the vinyl they don't give a crap.

There's no way it would have been at a loss with the "trick" cause they never shipped. One record at 33% off, would cost them the same hit to their bottom line as buy 2 get 1. But if people were waiting and return shipping that would probably ding them for sure. I suspect a lot of people were shitty and they had no idea that collectors care about the sleeve or warps, so that probably dinged them too since based on the way a lot of the stores treat the vinyl they don't give a crap.
I've definitely gotten some sleeve damage and some shitty packaging from them, so much so that my non-record collecting wife told me to just spend the few extra bucks and order from an actual record store.

The kicker was when a huge box (cube shaped) was on our porch and inside was just one bent lp in it, not protected in any way.

Last edited:

New 7" from NYC's Miranda And The Beat! This band is definitely one to watch

Standard black and limited blue versions available, each with two available covers

1625835425249.png

1625835455431.png

Last edited:
I hope this doesn't become a thing. Not only a year long preorder, but you can only pick them up at a concert.

Back