Pre-Order Thread

I can not even believe that Wilco price tag. Absolutely insane. Has to be a typo. Had to be $50 max.
@radiodead Did you see Warm/Warmer is back up for sale currently too...

228E120F-E0F2-4306-B554-82A097BA8A8B.jpeg

View attachment 11403

LITA has an exclusive clear (/100) and a black with obi (/500)

This looks nicer than that $500 pre-order. TWEEEEEEEDY DAAAAAMN YOOOOUUUU

Last edited:

If you don’t mind some blemishes, they have some “irregulars” here:

View attachment 11403
Yeah man, I am a little leery of Tidal Waves Music after the last limited Fat Beats Exclusive I received. My Wendell Harrison “Dreams Of Love Supreme” sounded like total garbage. It’s pointless to release a rare hard to find LP if it is going to sound as bad as this album does. I was super disappointed. I have some great Tidal Music releases too but this may be the worst sounding new record I ever purchased.

Nice. Ordered. Thank you!

this one's for you @Jonathan Y as the only connan mockasin fan i know on here haha

Yeah man, I am a little leery of Tidal Waves Music after the last limited Fat Beats Exclusive I received. My Wendell Harrison “Dreams Of Love Supreme” sounded like total garbage. It’s pointless to release a rare hard to find LP if it is going to sound as bad as this album does. I was super disappointed. I have some great Tidal Music releases too but this may be the worst sounding new record I ever purchased.

That’s sucks to hear. I’m still waiting on that Harrison as I bundled it with another preorder.

this one's for you @Jonathan Y as the only connan mockasin fan i know on here haha

To be fair, he's the only one trying to get rid of an album. I've kept mine

Yikes. The “take absolute advantage of your biggest fans” retail model.

Some sketchy shit coming out the Tweedy camp lately, such as selling Warmer as RSD only exclusive and selling it in a much nicer package with Warm a couple months later.
Let's not pretend like nearly every RSD release is not like this though...it's more rare for albums on RSD to not get a re-release now shortly after. I almost bought the WeWantSounds RST press of Alice Clark for $60 because it was listed as a RSD only release and then I got it a few months later for $20 or so when they did their repress. Fetti had a "RSD only" release and then they sold multiple, more exclusive variants a few months later on Alchemist's bandcamp. Tyler made it seem like Flower Boy would only get 1 release, and then it got a standard release and was WAY cheaper. At least the Warmer pressing wasn't expensive and still is an exclusive as that cover or variant isn't repressed.

The entire vinyl industry is pushing this false sense of exclusivity when it comes to vinyl. Variants, "exclusives", FOMO marketing, etc are becoming more and more rampant. It's not just Wilco. If they have fans that want to spend $500 on an exclusive variant, then sobeit. Beyonce did the same with her album with a $300 version that was "limited" to a few thousand and had an art book.

Beyonce did the same with her album with a $300 version that was "limited" to a few thousand and had an art book.
That Alice Clark RSD came with a 20 page book, so are you saying she should've charged $500 instead of 60?

Also, Beyonce's book was 600+ pages, compared to the Wilco book clocking in at a whopping 22 pages. And hers was still $200 less (and it could be argued that she's a bigger draw/artist to where fans could have been milked for more). No matter how you stack it, it just doesn't add up.

That Alice Clark RSD came with a 20 page book, so are you saying she should've charged $500 instead of 60?

Also, Beyonce's book was 600+ pages, compared to the Wilco book clocking in at a whopping 22 pages. And hers was still $200 less (and it could be argued that she's a bigger draw/artist to where fans could have been milked for more). No matter how you stack it, it just doesn't add up.
I'm just saying that this type of thing is not exclusive to Wilco. And it doesn't bother me much that they are selling it. Why is it the "take absolute advantage of your fans" retail model? Nobody is forcing anybody to buy that. I'm not sure I would pay $300-$500 for a 2 record set regardless of whether it was Beyonce or Wilco or anybody else and whether or not it. The Gorillaz Humanz super deluxe box set was another one that is really silly to me (does anybody really need that album spread across 14 12" records??) . But it doesn't make me mad that any of them are selling items like that. It is hilarious how many are left for Wilco and also the "limit of 2 per customer". I don't see it as sketchy or taking advantage of people. Releases like Tyler's IGOR album are the ones that feel like way worse cash grabs to me...release an exclusive vinyl pressing and then every few days add a new variant so that people end up buying 4 different pressings since they weren't all released at once. That seems more like taking advantage of your fans because you know they will buy everything you put out.

With the Alice Clark, I was referring more to people being mad that Warmer was a "RSD exclusive" and then they pressed the Warm/Warmer vinyl a few months later. If you bought Warmer at retail price, I don't see it as such a big deal. It's mostly the people who paid flippers an exorbitant amount that get mad at that stuff. Alice Clark and many many others have done the whole "only available at RSD" thing and then proceeded to repress the records a few months later. Yea--I guess it's cool that Alice Clark had a 20 page booklet but it was selling for $60 at my LRS. Luckily someone on here told me that a regular pressing was on it's way so I didn't buy it.

Back