Pre-Order Thread

Ode to Joy – Wilco’s 11th studio album – will be released October 4, 2019 via dBpm Records. The album features 11 new songs written and produced by Jeff Tweedy and recorded by Wilco at The Loft (Chicago, IL) in January 2019. The album is engineered and mixed by Tom Schick and mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering (Portland, ME).

WILM35-LP_a_6502a0eb-b25b-4d16-9f20-cb53b117cfac_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Deluxe edition is limited to 1000 copies, and is priced at $500!!! Details:

Exclusively available through the Wilco store, the Ode to Joy Deluxe Vinyl Box Set features a limited edition hand-numbered slipcased pop-up art book which includes:
  • Ode To Joy LP on 180 gram vinyl
  • LP jacket and inserts exclusive to this edition
  • A 22-page clothbound hardcover embossed book printed on 100 point archival paper. The book features collages and unique hand assembled paper constructions that animate and reveal album lyrics including pages engineered with pull out die cut pockets, spinning wheels, paper doors, and unfolding gatefold spreads.
Standard black pressing going for a much more reasonable $21.95. There is a limited edition pink version for the same price, but no pressing number listed. All sorts of bundles also available...
ode-cdii_540x.png

EDIT: here's the first single....

EDIT 2: EU store link here - https://wilco.bingomerch.com/

Hahahahaha

Yikes. The “take absolute advantage of your biggest fans” retail model.

Some sketchy shit coming out the Tweedy camp lately, such as selling Warmer as RSD only exclusive and selling it in a much nicer package with Warm a couple months later.
The whole Wilco Mexico festival thing always seemed like a massive cash grab to me. Like $2000+ for a room (tickets included) to see Wilco play on a beach? Unnecessary IMO. But they wouldn't be pricing everything the way they are if they know no one will buy it.

Mondo is releasing for the first time on vinyl “Metal Gear Solid Soundtrack” exclusively At The SDCC. It’ll be on colored vinyl in Grey Wolf Colors limited to 1,000 units. I had to order a copy on eBay as I love the Metal Gear Soundtracks. Mondo will be releasing a standard version of the MGS soundtrack on vinyl on their site later this summer.

6F72ACF4-39A6-482C-95F6-9024C52D77BC.jpeg

I wouldn't shop from SRC Vinyl. Probably the worst customer service experience I've ever had...

I gotta say...I've heard that too, but I recently pre-ordered a Black Crowes album from them b/c they were the only source for this 1st Press of the album and I had no issues in the order, processing or delivery of the album.

Still, because of the warnings, I don't shop there unless there is no other option.

I gotta say...I've heard that too, but I recently pre-ordered a Black Crowes album from them b/c they were the only source for this 1st Press of the album and I had no issues in the order, processing or delivery of the album.

Still, because of the warnings, I don't shop there unless there is no other option.
Well that's good. What happened to me was the total lack of communication from them in regards to about 6 emails and customer service tickets. I wanted to cancel an order and never got a response. I had to call my bank.

The other day I got one of their promo emails for upcoming releases and I tried replying to it and by luck some schmoe from there replied and immediately canceled my order.

If I ever get something from SRC Vinyl I would probably use a source like Bullmoose who have awesome customer service and can cancel items if I need to. Matter of fact I have an SRC pressing of You'd Prefer an Astronaut by HUM waiting to be shipped. It keeps getting pushed back. It was supposed to drop in May and my most recent email from Bullmoose said its now dropping in August...

Well that's good. What happened to me was the total lack of communication from them in regards to about 6 emails and customer service tickets. I wanted to cancel an order and never got a response. I had to call my bank.

The other day I got one of their promo emails for upcoming releases and I tried replying to it and by luck some schmoe from there replied and immediately canceled my order.

If I ever get something from SRC Vinyl I would probably use a source like Bullmoose who have awesome customer service and can cancel items if I need to. Matter of fact I have an SRC pressing of You'd Prefer an Astronaut by HUM waiting to be shipped. It keeps getting pushed back. It was supposed to drop in May and my most recent email from Bullmoose said its now dropping in August...

I was going to purchase that Pressing...but I've got it digital and I figured if I'm going to add it to the collection I want to hunt down 1st press Green Variant.

Its good to have a White Whale or two. It keeps me motivated to shop the local stores

I was going to purchase that Pressing...but I've got it digital and I figured if I'm going to add it to the collection I want to hunt down 1st press Green Variant.

Its good to have a White Whale or two. It keeps me motivated to shop the local stores
Yeah totally. I regret missing out when they were selling some old new stock of the original pressings on their site. Luckily I got their most recent blue pressing of Heavenwards

Back