Pre-Order Thread

The UK indie variant seems to be transparent red. I guess we'll find out if that's the case for US indie shops soon™
It's my hope indie shops get a variant...
Next week is RSD and I have money scooted over for that specifically.
I don't want to dip into another fund if need be.
I am hoping Zia gets a copy to preorder so I can then round the $$ out by then.

KING WOMAN - CELESTIAL BLUES

Kris Esfandiari is back as King Woman with another slab of heavy, doomy shoegaze. Variants selling out quick!

Blood red w/black & white twister effect (limited to 135) - Relapse - SOLD OUT
Metallic Gold & blood red merge (limited to 235) - Relapse
Bone white and blood red splatter (limited to 335) - Relapse and Bandcamp
Blood red standard edition - Relapse and Bandcamp

View attachment 101332

View attachment 101333

View attachment 101334

View attachment 101335

1622653203579.png

View attachment 101194
View attachment 101195

View attachment 101196

1622658840195.png

I mean, you're not entirely wrong, but Esfandiari was on the bleeding edge of the 2010s shoegaze revival as part of the Bay Area scene long before Nothing emerged from the ashes of Whirr and pushed hard into the mainstream. She's earned the bonafides, def not a bandwagoner

I love Tonight...it’s sooo good
I still remember the first time I listened to that album I had to get up early and was driving somewhere for work and I got to "Lucid Dream" and it was nothing at all like the single they had been playing on the radio. It was a very bizarre and confusing moment.

I still remember the first time I listened to that album I had to get up early and was driving somewhere for work and I got to "Lucid Dream" and it was nothing at all like the single they had been playing on the radio. It was a very bizarre and confusing moment.
This was a soundtrack for a 8 hour car ride for me once because a buddy of mine ripped it on a cd 😂
Ulysses is a great song

This was a soundtrack for a 8 hour car ride for me once because a buddy of mine ripped it on a cd 😂
Ulysses is a great song
Yeah, that is a great track!

I feel like Lucid Dream has to be some kind of joke on the listener because it gets right up to the hook and then completely changes. Like "oh, you wanted the album to include the catchy chorus too? Tough luck!"

Technically still a preorder but they seem to be shipping now.

Top link is Bandcamp. With shipping came out cheaper for US from Juno.

I'm eyeing this but would like to hear more than that one track to commit. Love James Brandon Lewis though...

I'm eyeing this but would like to hear more than that one track to commit. Love James Brandon Lewis though...

I know nothing about it besides the sample track. Sounds good. Bandcamp says 1500 total. Juno sold about half their stock. They are down to 11 left in stock at the moment. In a couple weeks I should know more. :)

I know nothing about it besides the sample track. Sounds good. Bandcamp says 1500 total. Juno sold about half their stock. They are down to 11 left in stock at the moment. In a couple weeks I should know more. :)
James Brandon Lewis is one of my favourite jazz musicians. His new album, Jesup Wagon, is really great. I'm actually spinning as I type a fresh grab of "No Filter" by his trio and it is mind-blowingly good...

James Brandon Lewis is one of my favourite jazz musicians. His new album, Jesup Wagon, is really great. I'm actually spinning as I type a fresh grab of "No Filter" by his trio and it is mind-blowingly good...
I stumbled across JBL's Jesup Wagon on an NPR show and bought it immediately. I think it is an AOTY candidate.

Ordered, I’ll give Jesup Wagon a try also. Falling ever deeper into the rabbit hole.

Back