Pre-Order Thread

1622565505214.png

I blindly bought this album (I think it was an early reissue on black vinyl) about five years ago used at a record store in Fort Collins. Parquet Courts was one of my favorite bands of the past few years and I decided to give it a chance. Listened to it once and immediately went into the “to sell” crate at home. :ROFLMAO: I think I sold it for like $10 which wasn’t too smart looking at the prices for it now. It’s just not a very good album but to each their own. They’re one of the most consistent bands in the past ten years imo. Not sure what the remastering is. It was recorded to cassette right?

Yeah this is not really a good album. I have this on vinyl too because I'm a Parquet Courts completionist but I don't really enjoy it.

View attachment 101234

RIYL: Algernon Cadwallader, Snowing, Capn' Jazz, twinkly Midwest Emo stuff with not great but fitting vocals.

If this has been posted in this thread already, I don't remember seeing it, so sorry if that's the case.

A Laura Nyro audition tape from 1966 is being released by Omnivore Records. Looks like the limited bundle is sold out, but the regular vinyl is available, and also listed on Amazon:

I know some of her music but I've never listened to her albums. Seems like a very careless oversight on my part. And maybe that's why I'm really tempted by this box set of hers that is coming at the end of July (seems to be widely available):

If this has been posted in this thread already, I don't remember seeing it, so sorry if that's the case.

A Laura Nyro audition tape from 1966 is being released by Omnivore Records. Looks like the limited bundle is sold out, but the regular vinyl is available, and also listed on Amazon:

I know some of her music but I've never listened to her albums. Seems like a very careless oversight on my part. And maybe that's why I'm really tempted by this box set of hers that is coming at the end of July (seems to be widely available):

Her first three are really essential. VMP has a gorgeous underrated exclusive that is still in stock.

Back