Pre-Order Thread

Yea--I'm glad more people are able to grab a copy if they want it! It's more the dodgy advertising of it...went back to look at the listing: Limited to 1500 copies worldwide, a Rough Trade shop exclusive.

I hate all the limited stuff too. I think all releases should have a regular black pressing that's widely available and then some limited one if people want somethin' special...trying to limit a popular release to 1,500 copies total is crazy.

Yeah that’s on RT then because Dead Oceans were not saying that when they announced it!

“Vinyl copies will be available initially exclusively Rough Trade

I'm assuming a lot of allocations will come up short and mine will likely be cancelled that I got on the accidental leak orders. If not I'll be happy to hook up someone who misses out. My original RT copy is fine.

It is a little interesting they are re-pressing the black, like the RT adverts were dodgy but also it felt obvious enough to me that it'd be issued again that I couldn't bring myself to trade it for a truly limited/pricy item since I didn't feel right ripping off someone. Oh well. Just hope a ton of folks can get it easily in the end.
I had a feeling it would be reissued as well, just on different color. Not more of the black versions.

I'm constantly surprised at how quickly her albums sell out and how much they sell for on discogs.

I had a feeling it would be reissued as well, just on different color. Not more of the black versions.

I'm constantly surprised at how quickly her albums sell out and how much they sell for on discogs.
I just realized how much the Killer EP 7" is selling for on discogs...not that I would ever sell my copy tho.

Agreed. That's pretty blatant errant advertising on RT's side in terms of the black version. I assumed just color represses eventually, though that's likely just a bad assumption I guess.

It would make a lot of sense that Phoebe's fanbase is full of obsessives on this front too (says the Phoebe Bridgers fan). I am pretty confident that reseller mania and fan FOMO over things like SitA color pressings, Killer EP, the first Copycat Killer, and some Punisher color pressings are driving a LOT of this. It's one of those perfect storms of ascending profile + young fanbase that is more likely to collect vinyl for reasons beyond listening + re-sellers seeing a very easy flip.

Edit: I personally would have confidence on the Bandcamp more than a LRS, I imagine if there is an allocation issue that the artist store / label / Bandcamp will win out.

Seefeel reissues for Succour, (Ch-Vox), and a compilation of EPs are now up.

Cheapest delivery to US I can find is through Warp directly (via Bleep).

Agreed. That's pretty blatant errant advertising on RT's side in terms of the black version. I assumed just color represses eventually, though that's likely just a bad assumption I guess.

It would make a lot of sense that Phoebe's fanbase is full of obsessives on this front too (says the Phoebe Bridgers fan). I am pretty confident that reseller mania and fan FOMO over things like SitA color pressings, Killer EP, the first Copycat Killer, and some Punisher color pressings are driving a LOT of this. It's one of those perfect storms of ascending profile + young fanbase that is more likely to collect vinyl for reasons beyond listening + re-sellers seeing a very easy flip.
I think, in this case, it's probably FOMO created by the Rough Trade thing.

I think, in this case, it's probably FOMO created by the Rough Trade thing.

Yeah, between the limited stock on the original run, lack of promotion for it initially, and the issues on distribution (I fell into the mythcial second wave that actually got a copy), that'd make sense too.

I totally get the crowds starting with a big "wtf" right now at all of this.

this worked! whether or not it's actually fulfilled will be determined

View attachment 94542
My email came in at 9:51am; I was at my allergists and tried on my phone, but the site was overloaded. Just got home and tried now, it was on the slow side, but I was able to order a copy successfully, a full hour after I learned it was live. I honestly didn't think I had a shot at getting it.

My email came in at 9:51am; I was at my allergists and tried on my phone, but the site was overloaded. Just got home and tried now, it was on the slow side, but I was able to order a copy successfully, a full hour after I learned it was live. I honestly didn't think I had a shot at getting it.
I didn't even think of ordering from Bandcamp because I thought it was only available from her store. Absolutely love bandcamp and this solidifies why I usually order direct on there if I have the option.

Back