Pre-Order Thread

Demon's Souls soundtrack up for pre-order on Mondo.

I really didn’t need to spend any more money today. Haha. Welp, here’s goes.

LITA's got an exclusive too.

I’m still confused as to why the other LPs aren’t available in the States.

Same here.
I think it's because Sony owns Creation Records, mbv's original label. And there is a licensing issue between Sony and whomever is releasing them in the EU. I realize that's a horrible description. Basically, I think Sony is preventing the US release of the earlier titles.

View attachment 93961

Damn, I want this so bad. But not at that price.

Okay, not gonna lie... have given Loveless multiple "in depth" listens over the past few days and I think it may be starting to click with me a little bit further beyond it just being "pretty."
Are you familiar with the shoegaze style of music? This is THE quintessential shoegaze album, if this ends up clicking for you, you can really take a fun trip down that rabbit hole. Lots of great Shoegaze and Dream Pop and Drone music that this album can lead you to.

Are you familiar with the shoegaze style of music? This is THE quintessential shoegaze album, if this ends up clicking for you, you can really take a fun trip down that rabbit hole. Lots of great Shoegaze and Dream Pop and Drone music that this album can lead you to.

It is but I also think that it kinda transcends shoegaze too in that it’s also brilliant pop music and I can see as many links the the Mary chain and pop music as I can see to ride et al.

I am familiar with shoegaze, but I never really got it until I heard this one I guess

Don't want to steal the thread but the best sellers 1) package things very well so the damage loss will be very low and then 2) make the return/exchange hassle free for long term customer loyalty. There just are not enough of them.

To draw attention to the positive, I have had countless PlaidRoom orders without damage. Seldom a split seam. Never a damaged corner even remotely caused by how they packed the order. The one time I had a serious problem with a box set order, PlaidRoom bent over backwards to fix it even though it was likely not technically their fault. No effort or expense on my part.

PlaidRoom actually had a new box set drop shipped to me directly from another dealer (as they were out of stock) and included a prepaid return label so I could send them back the damaged Bob Mould box set once I had the new replacement in hand.

Expertly packed to prevent damage and stellar zero hassle customer service if needed. I have had great luck with PlaidRoom.
Obviously a no brainer to go with a retailer that gives you more generous customer service than another. Can't disagree with you there of course!

I guess I just think twice about forcing retailers to eat the cost on damage unquestionably caused by shippers. If every single person demanded a replacement for custom inner seam splits, I don't think any retailers would be in the shipping business. But hey, maybe I would get my wish that they remove the records from the sleeves before then. Likewise I'm not sure how a stiff mailer corner fold can be prevented, unless they start packing in multiple boxes or hard cases. Of course it never hurts to ask for a replacement in any situation.

How do Plaid Room prevent seam splits? Genuine question, I'm not sure what they do.

On the flip side, when I specifically request an ebay seller pack used records properly outside the sleeves and they tell me they know what they are doing, don't worry about it, and the 40 year old pristine custom inner arrives completely shredded, I file a complaint as it is 100% their fault for ignoring my request.

Last edited:
Loveless does things to you that no other music will do.

Back