Pre-Order Thread

I got this about 3am and happened to check it at a 4am excursion but I have not seen the Orange Version show up. Anyone know about it?

Someone linked to this earlier when the orange version was up and I grabbed it from bandcamp about three weeks or so ago.
It looks like there is an indie purple vinyl that you can get a TTL:
The sunset splatter was here too, but it looks sold out:

Just an update as I do not want to harshly trash a business unnecessarily. I generally like Bullmoose and would order a lot more from them except I just personally get to many damaged items from them as we discussed already. My bad luck maybe.

On my current exchange, It took four or five email exchanges over a couple of days but Bullmoose as now indicated by email today they will send a replacement free of charge without me dealing with returning the damaged one due to the fact that they would likely be sold out of the indie version before a return for exchange could be processed.

I told them they could just send a replacement cover and sleeve (I would have preferred this as less chance of repeat damage) but they have indicated they will send new replacement without need to return damaged item. Assuming it shows up undamaged, it took a bit more time than needed but they are making it right. Score one for the little guy (maybe). :)

I'll say it again..I do not understand the love for Bullmoose round here.
I've been to a couple of stores.

They are HMV shrouded in a Northeast Flannel hiding behind a shitty website so as to seem "indie".
They are the Hot Topic of Vinyl Record stores.
Newbury Comics is more "local" and "indie" than Bullmoose.

@POGunter's dilemma just reinforces my impression.

Yup, they have special editions all of their LPs up but they are pretty pricey $45 a pop. I am hoping a standard pressings of each will be released around the same time. I am looking to grab Far Beyond Driven (without the terrible Rhino alternate artwork) and maybe Cowboys From Hell.

Preorders up at one of my Dist. Single disc Brick and Mortal Exclusives. Out 4/23.

1617378809577.png

1617378870322.png

Last edited:
I'll say it again..I do not understand the love for Bullmoose round here.
I've been to a couple of stores.

They are HMV shrouded in a Northeast Flannel hiding behind a shitty website so as to seem "indie".
They are the Hot Topic of Vinyl Record stores.
Newbury Comics is more "local" and "indie" than Bullmoose.

@POGunter's dilemma just reinforces my impression.
They are really more about their online store rather than their retail. I've been to a couple of their retails stores too but was massively underwhelmed.
In regards to pricing, inventory, and packaging I think they one of the best around. I'm actually shocked to hear about the amount of damages @POGunter gets since I orders ALOT from them and have had only a couple issues. It could also very much depend on which store is closest to your location, and packaging can differ. I personally love their shipping boxes and wish I could find them for sale to use when I sell on discogs.

Also, the fact that they have a low delivery minimum, and don't charge until shipping is great. Allows for easy cancellation if another variant comes out. Plus they almost always ship priority.

I've been trying to buy from my local more because I love them, but BM still gets a good share of my business.

Man, missed the test press. I've got to get faster. Under 30 secs is just not fast enough. I grabbed the killer looking Blk & Red Splatter.

Edit: Also now sold out a couple minutes later.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far from my experience. Bull Moose is, purely as a record store, pretty overrated in terms of a Brick and Mortar. The clearance rarely has the prices to justify it being called clearance, the used prices aren't typically super competitive (some truly insane prices, most are cheaper online in some areas or in other stores), and selection can be pretty limited on all but the biggest artists. With that said, I think their other options (CDs, DVDs, Blu Rays) are worlds better than most other stores in the area, the books usually have some great bargains, decent gaming selection too, as well as the collectible side. The website's functionality is meh but their online services for me have been top notch - cheap free shipping with multiple packages, a large selection of vinyl and non-vinyl to make that threshhold, and I've never had a shopping issue Plus they're willing to try and get imports / hard to find items on some things and are usually quick to tell you if it's legit out of print. Usually quite quick too.

I'd take Bull Moose over Newbury 11 of 10 times. It's pretty much always cheaper for new or used items, more likely to be in good condition, cheaper threshold for free shipping online, curbside pickup, and really just better overall. Newbury's only upsides to me are their very consistent Funko selection and more aggressive clearance options (plus they'll occasionally mess up on used vinyl pricing - it's either all overpriced with a rare underpricing).

I still go to both but if you made me ditch one and keep one, I keep Bull Moose easily over Newbury.

Man, missed the test press. I've got to get faster. Under 30 secs is just not fast enough. I grabbed the killer looking Blk & Red Splatter.
Snagged the “deluxe”. Test pressing was available when I refreshed, but I’m good on the $35 dollar version.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far from my experience. Bull Moose is, purely as a record store, pretty overrated in terms of a Brick and Mortar. The clearance rarely has the prices to justify it being called clearance, the used prices aren't typically super competitive (some truly insane prices, most are cheaper online in some areas or in other stores), and selection can be pretty limited on all but the biggest artists. With that said, I think their other options (CDs, DVDs, Blu Rays) are worlds better than most other stores in the area, the books usually have some great bargains, decent gaming selection too, as well as the collectible side. The website's functionality is meh but their online services for me have been top notch - cheap free shipping with multiple packages, a large selection of vinyl and non-vinyl to make that threshhold, and I've never had a shopping issue Plus they're willing to try and get imports / hard to find items on some things and are usually quick to tell you if it's legit out of print. Usually quite quick too.

I'd take Bull Moose over Newbury 11 of 10 times. It's pretty much always cheaper for new or used items, more likely to be in good condition, cheaper threshold for free shipping online, curbside pickup, and really just better overall. Newbury's only upsides to me are their very consistent Funko selection and more aggressive clearance options (plus they'll occasionally mess up on used vinyl pricing - it's either all overpriced with a rare underpricing).

I still go to both but if you made me ditch one and keep one, I keep Bull Moose easily over Newbury.
FWIW - I refuse to shop at either.

View attachment 93709

Hope this looks like the mockup.
I'm usually fine with the lowest price pressing, but this time I went for a test press and NAILED IT! Phew, between the anticipation and pressing F5 repeatedly, my heart is racing!

Snagged the “deluxe”. Test pressing was available when I refreshed, but I’m good on the $35 dollar version.

Maybe a lucky blip cause it was gone for me. My fault. I should have put something else in basket earlier and had checkout started as it would not let me go straight to paypal without adding cust info.

I was going to go with test press and then go back and get a standard version so I would have both covers and a black LP for play. So, on the positive it saved me from myself.

I'm usually fine with the lowest price pressing, but this time I went for a test press and NAILED IT! Phew, between the anticipation and pressing F5 repeatedly, my heart is racing!

Well, I'm glad someone on here got "my" copy. :)

Maybe a lucky blip cause it was gone for me. My fault. I should have put something else in basket earlier and had checkout started as it would not let me go straight to paypal without adding cust info.

I was going to go with test press and then go back and get a standard version so I would have both covers and a black LP for play. So, on the positive it saved me from myself.
Yeah, preparation was the key. I logged into paypal, then did a test run with an in-stock item, to get all my info into their form. Then removed the item, clicked on the test press page and started F5ing

New Cold Cave. All variants are sold out except for purple and the pic disc. Not sure if they will do more or not. The variants sold out very quickly.

Gold is available now too. It was "Coming Soon" till the more limited variants sold out. Glad I waited, since that's the one I wanted. Heartworm seems to repress/reissue things as needed (though with some patience involved, which I can appreciate).

Demon's Souls soundtrack up for pre-order on Mondo.

Demon's Souls soundtrack up for pre-order on Mondo.

I really didn’t need to spend any more money today. Haha. Welp, here’s goes.

Edit: Also now sold out a couple minutes later.
I managed to snag a “Deluxe” press before it sold out. Snagged Longing To Be The Mountain along with it. Quite happy with my choice, was thinking it would take longer to sell out.

Back