Pre-Order Thread

1617370870637.png

1617370886087.png

1617370937008.png

They will replace or refund after they get the item returned. So for Bullmoose, that means printing and paying for a mailer, sending it back, and waiting for credit or replacement (if they still have stock).

I rarely deal with returns except on expensive items or gross damage. So most damage (minor corner dings or split seams) just get reluctantly absorbed.

So in the few cases I ask for help making it really easy, looking at pics of damage, and just fixing the problem would be nice.

View attachment 93850

I haven’t cut this open yet but I think it may not be very flat anymore. Box was retaped shut so it took some damage.

Edit: Vinyl looks to be ok, cover and inner sleeve not the best. Large creases and bends.

Just an update as I do not want to harshly trash a business unnecessarily. I generally like Bullmoose and would order a lot more from them except I just personally get to many damaged items from them as we discussed already. My bad luck maybe.

On my current exchange, It took four or five email exchanges over a couple of days but Bullmoose as now indicated by email today they will send a replacement free of charge without me dealing with returning the damaged one due to the fact that they would likely be sold out of the indie version before a return for exchange could be processed.

I told them they could just send a replacement cover and sleeve (I would have preferred this as less chance of repeat damage) but they have indicated they will send new replacement without need to return damaged item. Assuming it shows up undamaged, it took a bit more time than needed but they are making it right. Score one for the little guy (maybe). :)

Just an update as I do not want to harshly trash a business unnecessarily. I generally like Bullmoose and would order a lot more from them except I just personally get to many damaged items from them as we discussed already. My bad luck maybe.

On my current exchange, It took four or five email exchanges over a couple of days but Bullmoose as now indicated by email today they will send a replacement free of charge without me dealing with returning the damaged one due to the fact that they would likely be sold out of the indie version before a return for exchange could be processed.

I told them they could just send a replacement cover and sleeve (I would have preferred this as less chance of repeat damage) but they have indicated they will send new replacement without need to return damaged item. Assuming it shows up undamaged, it took a bit more time than needed but they are making it right. Score one for the little guy (maybe). :)
That's awesome that they are going to replace.

I guess I'm confused how it can be construed as anything other than above and beyond generosity since I'm at a loss as to how Bullmoose could have prevented this damage. Unless you are saying the package wasn't similarly damaged by the shipper and they sent you a damaged jacket inside a pristine mailer.

1617373872872.png

1617373929405.png

I guess I'm confused how it can be construed as anything other than above and beyond generosity since I'm at a loss as to how Bullmoose could have prevented this damage. Unless you are saying the package wasn't similarly damaged by the shipper and they sent you a damaged jacket inside a pristine mailer.
It’s the way things work with online commerce. Sellers assume risks with product damage until delivery (no matter the reason). I’m not saying it’s always fair but it’s the best option.

I guess I'm confused how it can construed as anything other than above and beyond generosity since I'm at a loss as to how Bullmoose could have prevented this damage. Unless you are saying the package wasn't similarly damaged by the shipper and they sent you a damaged jacket inside a pristine mailer.

If it was an isolated incident then it would be a shipper problem as this package was obviously mistreated although the open ended boxes are more likely to get caught up in automated machines (as this one did).

I used to order from Bullmoose a lot as they have maybe the best/simplest preorder policy around. Ultimately, I got so many damage items mostly consisting of split seams and dinged corners that I started looking for other options. I think it is a combination of the open ended shipping boxes that are not quite strong enough for a good toss and loose packing that allows the album(s) to slightly move when handled roughly causing seam splits.

Again this could be my bad luck. Bullmoose is a reliable business but shipping damage is a major concern and in my personal case of BM orders my sample size was large enough it was a trend. And I do not exchange most items so I was left with lots of damage.

Last edited:
Back