Pre-Order Thread

Amen. A lot of my collection is from a local store here and their tags on their used records have the price and the month/year it came into the store and it’s wild what you could get for under $10 in like 2003-8

The good with the bad.

Today.... the good. Almost everything available on vinyl again. Lots of great new versions. Lots of great audiophile vinyl. Plenty of new hardware. Lots of new people into/back into the hobby and enjoying records.

The bad. Some high list prices on the more sought after new vinyl. And, Hyperinflation on quality used vinyl we all failed to get enough of when people would almost pay you to carry it away.

Last edited:
I definitely did not read the 2022 part of that preorder 🤦🏻‍♂️ Jesus Christ. I’m still looking forward to the original version on vinyl. That’s what this is right? Oh god if it’s not..
On the Canadian site it says the release date is sept 17 2021, still a ways away but not quite as bad. Maybe he is showing some love to his fellow Canadians and it’ll be Canada only for that date, but I doubt it. Let’s hope it’s not just an error on the site.

New They Might Be Giants, there’s a fancy book that comes with a CD too:

Me: looks at gaping hole on shelf where Garbage’s self-titled should be

Whoa. Now another record I feel weird when taking out to play. I do tend to listen to the v2.0 (and the b-sides album that came with the box set) a lot more often, and that's still priced normally.

Amen. I initially started collecting because it was cheap.

Amen. A lot of my collection is from a local store here and their tags on their used records have the price and the month/year it came into the store and it’s wild what you could get for under $10 in like 2003-8
Saaaaammmmmeee.
When Goodwill was selling records for 50 cents, Salvation Army and other thrift stores usually had each album priced at $1. If I wanted to be fancy, I could go to the used music store. But this was 20 years ago and God am I old....

Saaaaammmmmeee.
When Goodwill was selling records for 50 cents, Salvation Army and other thrift stores usually had each album priced at $1. If I wanted to be fancy, I could go to the used music store. But this was 20 years ago and God am I old....
Probably a third to half of my collection is from this guy that was at a flea market in NYC. Every single album was $2 regardless of condition or what title it was. I got an OG mono pressing of A Love Supreme from him for $2. Spent a ton of time digging there to weed out the scratched records, but got a lot of great stuff in good shape. I think I spent $10-$20 there every other weekend for a year or two. Went into a record shop yesterday and they were charging $40 for a used copy of More Songs about Buildings and Food that wasn't even a first pressing. It's absolutely mental. Becoming harder and harder to find good deals on used stuff...it's kinda like when I was growing up and I'd see people selling regular copies of Beatles albums for $40 just because it was The Beatles...but that has spread to almost every artist now with used records.

My local is pretty fair with used pricing even with them using discogs as a rough pricing guide. They almost always price below discogs median now. But some of the prices in these places is insane.

you think it'll be that expensive? says limited to 3 per person which also makes me think it might not be THAT limited...

I kind of think so based on the description, plus proceeds are going to Newport Festivals Foundation.

This limited edition 2-record set will be pressed on premium 180-gram vinyl and housed in a deluxe Stoughton old-style tip-on gatefold jacket.

Back