Pre-Order Thread

Yea I'll reach out. I have a feeling @RHANDMJ is right and JPC won't be able to do much at this point. I've tried to avoid ordering from international sellers in the past year but they had a bunch of the Speakers Corner stuff I couldn't find anywhere else for even cheaper than the US. Not blaming JPC for anything either, but I'll be moving in about a month so hoping it arrives by then.
That sounds like a good idea. When I had a domestic DHL package delayed by a month they could at least get better info out of DHL as a big business customer.

That Peak vinyl shipped for $22 will be tough to beat. And they're not so big that the Peak won't be available at locals too. Looking forward to this one...and a tour.
Hope you saw @Twentytwo’s post below yours. If the Isbell show in Durham is still on for June, he is opening. DPAC site says it’s still on and I have tickets from the cancelled show last year.

Sometimes Magnolia Discovery picks are headscratchers. Ruston Kelly and this come to mind a lot.
I damn I sort of get it. I had never heard Kelly so he was a discovery for me and I’m betting the majority of the club has never heard of HGM. Now Andrew Bird, no fucking clue why that was a “discovery” pick.

Hope you saw @Twentytwo’s post below yours. If the Isbell show in Durham is still on for June, he is opening. DPAC site says it’s still on and I have tickets from the cancelled show last year.
I'm excited for some shows to start happening, and I'll look to travel for some if need be. Have my second vaccine shot coming next Monday, so that makes me feel a bit better about just me for traveling. Also somehow the Nicole Atkins show here in PDX was never cancelled, but rescheduled for this August from last year.

BTW @Matt M have you ever listened to his pre-Hiss work with Court and Spark? I’ve always meant to check it out but haven’t ever gotten around to it.
Listening now and you'll definitely see how he got to Hiss from The Court and Spark. It's a more mellow affair, but a lot of similarities. Appreciate the Cook brothers amping it up at times with him.

I'm excited for some shows to start happening, and I'll look to travel for some if need be. Have my second vaccine shot coming next Monday, so that makes me feel a bit better about just me for traveling. Also somehow the Nicole Atkins show here in PDX was never cancelled, but rescheduled for this August from last year.
That Isbell show and The Black Crowes show at Walnut Creek are the only things that got rescheduled and never eventually cancelled for me. I’ve been vaccinated fully. We’ll see what the rest of the world looks like in June and July.

That Isbell show and The Black Crowes show at Walnut Creek are the only things that got rescheduled and never eventually cancelled for me. I’ve been vaccinated fully. We’ll see what the rest of the world looks like in June and July.
I'm so ready. I missed a lot of shows last year, hoping they come back. Big one was Stapleton, Isbell, Highwomen at Wrigley Field.

If you buy this one you can add a second Hiss album and save 4 bucks or so on a bundle. I’ll add to the Hiss praise as he’s got a half dozen albums worth owning.

View attachment 91046
I’ll also rec the free Parker’s Picks live album on Bandcamp (digital only). The 2 he released last year as fundraisers for NC schools have their charms, but Parker’s Picks might be one of my favorite live recordings, period. It starts off a little stiff, but you can really hear them warm up, and the crowd warm up to them, over the course of an hour or so.

I have a ticket to that Nicole Atkins show, though it had fallen off my radar. It's far enough out that I could actually see it happening, which would be grand. Hope to see you there!

Have to think competition for tickets at our smaller/better clubs is going to be fierce when things do open back up.

I have a ticket to that Nicole Atkins show, though it had fallen off my radar. It's far enough out that I could actually see it happening, which would be grand. Hope to see you there!

Have to think competition for tickets at our smaller/better clubs is going to be fierce when things do open back up.
Yeah, but we need to catch up for an adult soda before that!

I agree, people are going to be dying to get out. Have a feeling many of these bands will be playing a couple nights in town.

Yeah, but we need to catch up for an adult soda before that!

I agree, people are going to be dying to get out. Have a feeling many of these bands will be playing a couple nights in town.

Indeed, let's make it happen during our next sunny spell!

Would be really cool if bands opted for multi-night stands, but the real bottleneck is going to be finding the space on booking calendars. Every band in the universe is going to want to get out and hit the road at the same time, which has never happened before. I really feel for all of the new/unknown bands who will likely be waiting months (if not longer) for their chance.

Indeed, let's make it happen during our next sunny spell!

Would be really cool if bands opted for multi-night stands, but the real bottleneck is going to be finding the space on booking calendars. Every band in the universe is going to want to get out and hit the road at the same time, which has never happened before. I really feel for all of the new/unknown bands who will likely be waiting months (if not longer) for their chance.

I am thinking this could be a boon for some places. Like the arena where I live could almost never book shows. Bigger acts always went to Boston's 20k venue unless it was completely booked or opted for the open air similar sized venue an hour north if not big enough for it. A lot of artists are going to be forced to visit alternate venues that will often sit empty 9/10 of the time to get booking dates.

The big crunch will likely be, as you suggest, for new and emerging artists who only have so many 200-400 seat venues in areas with people to play. I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of bigger venues start booking quarter-house type shows to accommodate or start booking shows at weird times (like weekend afternoon shows) to fit in multiple artists in a day. I bet we'll also see a lot of artists who would normally take up two days opt for an afternoon / evening double bill same day, or a lot of combined artist tours that you normally only see in the classic rock / oldies / nostalgia realm.

Back