Pre-Order Thread

Any canucks order direct from Intervention? What is the cost of their shipping like? If reasonable might pre-order this and The Church (even though I am pissed that they stuck bonus tracks at the end of side 3) @Turbo @Mather @Urbs_hott
I didn't because it's like $30. I got Girlfriend through @marshall along with Electric Warrior 2LP 45 in order to save on shipping. (It really didn't save any money because that is one heavy package...)

I didn't because it's like $30. I got Girlfriend through @marshall along with Electric Warrior 2LP 45 in order to save on shipping. (It really didn't save any money because that is one heavy package...)
Just checked. $53 USD, sorry nope. I know it is 2 heavy duty 2xlp. But for that cost I don't want to risk what sort of damage USPS may inflict on the box.

Just checked. $53 USD, sorry nope. I know it is 2 heavy duty 2xlp. But for that cost I don't want to risk what sort of damage USPS may inflict on the box.

I was just going to say that shipping went way up all of a sudden last time I checked. I don't think it was that crazy when I pre-ordered The Church when it was announced.

I ended up getting an AP Doors ST and Matthew Sweet 100% Fun from Elusive Disc last week. Was pretty pricey, but considering how much the Doors AP ST goes for in Canada and the fact that I could get the Matthew Sweet at the same time, I went for it. The cost was less than Intervention, but still in the 40's, so not great. I'm pretty sure I'll get dinged with customs though. I splurged, although I'm sure I won't regret the records.

Last edited:
I was just going to say that shipping went way up all of a sudden last time I checked. I don't think it was that crazy when I pre-ordered The Church when it was announced.

I ended up getting an AP Doors ST and Matthew Sweet 100% Fun from Elusive Disc last week. Was pretty pricey, but considering how much the Doors AP ST goes for in Canada and the fact that I could get the Matthew Sweet at the same time, I went for it. The cost was less that Intervention, but still in the 40's, so not great. I'm pretty sure I'll get dinged with customs though. I splurged, although I'm sure I won't regret the records.
Shipping charges are thankfully what keeps me from going to far down the AP/MoFi rabbit hole

Anyone know if this Albert King is getting a repress?

It says awaiting repress, so yes? Apparently in stock at Speakers Corner.Shipping will be steep though. Did you check Discogs if some retailers have it?

It says awaiting repress, so yes? Apparently in stock at Speakers Corner.Shipping will be steep though. Did you check Discogs if some retailers have it?
$60+ shipped isn't in my budget.

You might get a better shipping price for that speakerscorner pressing there :
I still haven’t gotten my records from JPC and they were shipped 6 weeks ago. I know there are lots of shipping issues but just a word of warning...

Hiss Golden Messenger will be announcing the new album Quietly Blowing It later today:

For my money, Hiss is one of the best acts going.
Well-timed. I was just looking into picking up one of Hiss Golden Messenger's older albums. Would you recommend Terms of Surrender or Bad Debt as an intro album?

Well-timed. I was just looking into picking up one of Hiss Golden Messenger's older albums. Would you recommend Terms of Surrender or Bad Debt as an intro album?
Neither, actually. Bad Debt is pretty lo-fi compared to later work, and Terms is good, but not (IMO) the catchiest one. My rec to start is Lateness of Dancers. If you like that one, I think you’ll find something to appreciate going forward or back from there. The albums before it are a little more esoteric; the ones after come with the signing to Merge and you can hear it in the production value.

edit: Poor Moon —> Haw —> Lateness of Dancers —> Heart Like a Levee is a phenomenal run. Hallelujah Anyhow and Terms of Surrender are both good, too, but tbh I haven’t spent as much time with them because I always return to those 4.

I wish SC pressings were more easily available in the US...not that easy to find them all. Ordering from JPC was cheaper even with shipping than it is from most US stores
Did you get tracking for those? I always get tracking links from jpc. But DHL is very hit and miss shipping from Germany in the moment.

My copy of 100% Fun just arrived this past weekend and it was packed securely. That was the last one I needed from Intervention and they did a flash sale a couple weeks ago for that title ($30+shipping).

Back