Pre-Order Thread

Tracking back to this b/c I didn't even know there had been a repress and was bummed to learn that nobody has it in stock, and I don't want to pay the premium in the 2ndary market.

So, when I saw your post and after searching fruitlessly for a stray copy anywhere, I went to Acoustic Sounds and placed an order just in case it came back in. To my surprise, I just got a shipping notification.

And it's still available there at the moment: Neil Young-Live At Massey Hall-180 Gram Vinyl Record|Acoustic Sounds
[btw, how does one make a link show up as a clickable image of the page?]
Interesting. This was originally released in 2008. I don't see a Discogs listing for a more recent repress. Anyone know of the nature of this current offering? Old stock? 2020 repress?

I gotta say....Bandbox is awesome to deal with. Went to buy that Death Cab exclusive (completely forgot about it until it was brought up today) and realized I had $10 in referral credits from when I was a member in the past. Didn't see them in my account though. I emailed them, fully expecting them to say sorry those are no longer good since we switched store systems. Within 15 minutes, got an email from them saying they had created the new account for me and added a $10 credit to my first box.

While Bandbox isn't entirely a subscription service made for me, I'd still recommend it to people based on their customer service. I think it would be especially good for someone starting out their record collection and missing some classic albums. Especially good if you have a coupon (which is why I initially joined awhile back for a month). With so many bad customer service experiences from a variety of record retailers, it's kinda refreshing to have a place that has their shit together.

I totally concur. I signed up for the two for 1 over thanksgiving and I’ve had nothing but good experiences. So far their selections have been big titles but good ones. They said two more exclusives are coming on February 8th and February 22nd.

I totally concur. I signed up for the two for 1 over thanksgiving and I’ve had nothing but good experiences. So far their selections have been big titles but good ones. They said two more exclusives are coming on February 8th and February 22nd.
The price is a bit on the high side...but I joined on a deal and got a Neil Young Archive pressing from them and with the deal it was something like $14 shipped. If they keep doing some cool exclusives, I may stay signed up for a bit.

Tracking back to this b/c I didn't even know there had been a repress and was bummed to learn that nobody has it in stock, and I don't want to pay the premium in the 2ndary market.

So, when I saw your post and after searching fruitlessly for a stray copy anywhere, I went to Acoustic Sounds and placed an order just in case it came back in. To my surprise, I just got a shipping notification.

And it's still available there at the moment: Neil Young-Live At Massey Hall-180 Gram Vinyl Record|Acoustic Sounds
[btw, how does one make a link show up as a clickable image of the page?]
Thanks a bunch, I almost bid on a much pricier copy on eBay earlier today. Will try my luck with AS instead. I’ve never ordered from them, so not sure what to expect.

Thanks a bunch, I almost bid on a much pricier copy on eBay earlier today. Will try my luck with AS instead. I’ve never ordered from them, so not sure what to expect.
Glad I was able to save you some $$. In my experiences w Acoustic Sounds, you can expect prompt service and shipping in very good packaging. Top tier.

@Portland Sheriff it’s backordered. Does that mean it’ll ship soon-ish if I order?
Hmmm. I think it was "in stock" when I posted about this about an hour ago. Fwiw, It was back ordered when I placed my order on Jan. 21, so something changed in five days, and now it seems to have changed back again. Maybe they found a few stray copies today and shipped all pending orders and sold all other copies already?

Hmmm. I think it was "in stock" when I posted about this about an hour ago. Fwiw, It was back ordered when I placed my order on Jan. 21, so something changed in five days, and now it seems to have changed back again. Maybe they found a few stray copies today and shipped all pending orders and sold all other copies already?
I’ll take a chance and order. You never know.

I think there was a repress last year, but Discogs is not showing anything as a "2nd press," so I'm not certain.
If something is truly a repress and there aren't any changes to the jacket or color, there is no reason to create a separate discogs listing.

A lot of things called second presses back in the day are actually different cuts.

For those wondering about the Fleet Foxes vinyl release/delay, just got this from their web store.

Hello,

Thank you for your recent purchase from the Fleet Foxes Online Store.

The physical release of Fleet Foxes’ ‘Shore’ has been delayed to March 19th. Due to a COVID-19 outbreak at the printing plant in LA, a significant portion of the vinyl and CD production has temporarily halted. We are working closely with them and all partners to get ‘Shore’ to your doorstep as quickly as we can. We hope for a quick recovery for all and thank you for your patience.
ngl, i've actually been counting down the days until the original street date for when i could have picked it up at my local. i... guess i can wait another month 😣

ngl, i've actually been counting down the days until the original street date for when i could have picked it up at my local. i... guess i can wait another month 😣
I think every pressing is going to be delayed. VMPs is already delayed and now so is the web stores. These are all likely pressed at the same place so all are going to be delayed.

Back