Pre-Order Thread

I might dive back in for one or two exclusives. I had $10 in referral credits but just noticed that I cannot get them anymore. Looks like they may have changed their web shop system since I had gotten the credits--my log in doesn't work anymore.
Yeah. I just had to re create a new account for Peter Hook.

I'm the guy who says this every time someone mentions they like Pang - but since you have confirmed that Caroline Polachek is new to you, do yourself a huge favor and listen to the three Chairlift albums, especially Something. Chairlift is her previous band with Patrick Wimberly. Caroline is an amazing vocalist and you'll just get more of what you want in those records. I still have fond memories of seeing their last two shows as Chairlift ever. Her vocals abilities are just incredible, which is confirmed when you see her live.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU

Wait there's an exclusive of Death Can for Cutie's Plans!? This is one of my all time favourite albums, I need to look into this.

Oh god, that's really expensive with shipping. Are these limited limited or like vmp "limited"?

View attachment 85409

Well I didn't plan on spending $92.79 but sometimes life happens.

International shipping is $20 PER ALBUM though. it's a lot. If you order 2 albums at once, it seems they would charge you $40 shipping.

edit: that's how i read it anyway...

Yeah it's brutal. I've reached out to see if I can bundle more ables at that shipping rate.

Is it a remaster by the way? Or have they just reused what I probably already have?

For those wondering about the Fleet Foxes vinyl release/delay, just got this from their web store.

Hello,

Thank you for your recent purchase from the Fleet Foxes Online Store.

The physical release of Fleet Foxes’ ‘Shore’ has been delayed to March 19th. Due to a COVID-19 outbreak at the printing plant in LA, a significant portion of the vinyl and CD production has temporarily halted. We are working closely with them and all partners to get ‘Shore’ to your doorstep as quickly as we can. We hope for a quick recovery for all and thank you for your patience.

I gotta say....Bandbox is awesome to deal with. Went to buy that Death Cab exclusive (completely forgot about it until it was brought up today) and realized I had $10 in referral credits from when I was a member in the past. Didn't see them in my account though. I emailed them, fully expecting them to say sorry those are no longer good since we switched store systems. Within 15 minutes, got an email from them saying they had created the new account for me and added a $10 credit to my first box.

While Bandbox isn't entirely a subscription service made for me, I'd still recommend it to people based on their customer service. I think it would be especially good for someone starting out their record collection and missing some classic albums. Especially good if you have a coupon (which is why I initially joined awhile back for a month). With so many bad customer service experiences from a variety of record retailers, it's kinda refreshing to have a place that has their shit together.

I'm bummed that I missed the restock of Neil at Massey back at the end of December. Thinking that one might get another restock though...
Tracking back to this b/c I didn't even know there had been a repress and was bummed to learn that nobody has it in stock, and I don't want to pay the premium in the 2ndary market.

So, when I saw your post and after searching fruitlessly for a stray copy anywhere, I went to Acoustic Sounds and placed an order just in case it came back in. To my surprise, I just got a shipping notification.

And it's still available there at the moment: Neil Young-Live At Massey Hall-180 Gram Vinyl Record|Acoustic Sounds
[btw, how does one make a link show up as a clickable image of the page?]

Back