Pre-Order Thread

£26 shipping to the UK (£30 if you want the shirt) :cry: I'm glad I got the pink one that wasn't so obscenely priced
Sadly, I missed the pink peacock haze variant. :cry:
If anyone ordered an extra, please let me know - I've contacted the label as well to see if they might come up with spares. 🙏
If not, I'll just pay the extra costs for a US import...

I purchased it just before you posted the link earlier this morning. It wasn’t until afterwards that I noticed that the discs are personalized with the buyers name. Pretty cool. Dig the color too.

That clears it up. I misunderstood your post. Glad you scored one. I have seen things like this pop back in stock (sometimes for seconds) so worth watching if someone still wants one. You never know.

New Artist on Sacred Bones:

Indigo Sparke brings her deeply personal lived experiences to her music, highlighting the spaces between the polarity of softness and grit. Pulling from her experiences of addiction, of healing, of queerness, of heartbreak, of joy, of connection, of the softness and of the grit alchemising it all into tenderness through her music, she conjures up a myriad of feelings that is undeniably potent. Echo was announced last month with this wonderful video for the song “Baby” and today we are sharing the second video from the album for the stunning closer “Everthing Everything.” If you haven’t caught her wonderful NPR’s Tiny Desk concert yet we highly recommend that as well.

Indigo Sparke Echo album cover

idk if this is just me or if anyone else also agrees with me, but it bothers me how every release on sacred bones has to have the same design for all their album covers (logo on top left, same font for every release, always putting the tracklist underneath the name)

idk, makes me feel like the artists dont have control over their album artwork, which i dont like

Sadly, I missed the pink peacock haze variant. :cry:
If anyone ordered an extra, please let me know - I've contacted the label as well to see if they might come up with spares. 🙏
If not, I'll just pay the extra costs for a US import...

I got it and I'm not sure I'll keep it. If I decide not to, I'll ping you and we can try to change the shipping address to have it delivered to you!

Copying most of my comment from reddit here;
(I don’t mean to be so negative!)
Put some new material out. I have never seen a band repress an album so heavily in the year or so its been out. These guys have also grabbed every opportunity to sell out from what I can tell. Commercials, brand deals, sponsorships, I mean come on. Its a soul band for crying out loud, have some integrity. Their contemporaries, Daptone Records and Big Crown Records have been hammering away and building their following for years without having to employ the “strategies” these guys are using. They could have stayed solely a Colemine Signee and built up that label even more, but they signed with Dead Oceans instead 🤷‍♂️.
I'm not gonna hate on the guys for trying to make money. They deserve it. Two of the nicest musicians I have ever met. They keep pressing these because people keep buying them. I'm sure they are working on more music but they can't tour right now and I'm not gonna fault any band for trying to make a buck.

Durand Jones also signed with Dead Oceans I believe. Colemine is awesome but I'm sure they reach a limit of how much they can really help a band once they start getting that big.

It’s very strange, they played “Radiation Vibe” on a local station here just the other night and I was thinking that they’ve got to repress this soon.
MOV pressed it in 2015. I have a copy. Looks like it is going for big money now, though. I just ordered the red from DD and will probably move the black copy along. I imagine it's the same master/stampers.

It’s very strange, they played “Radiation Vibe” on a local station here just the other night and I was thinking that they’ve got to repress this soon.
I’ve been hoping, I grabbed a copy of Utopian Parkway from their label shortly after Schlesinger passing and I looked into a copy of their debut but the price was already unreasonable. I probably shoulda grabbed a copy of Welcome Interstate Manager during RSD but what are ya gonna do.

Back