Post-Rock Will Never Die, But You Will... (The Post-Rock Thread)

Realized Chicago (i.e., me) is getting spoiled as fuck this Spring for post-rock royalty.

Last month: Godspeed
This month: MONO, Russian Circles, Mogwai
Next month: Sigur Rós
June: Caspian

Not to mention all the adjacent post-etc. artists: Greet Death, gates, Lingua Ignota, Slow Crush,

I might be passing on Sigur Ros this time around since I already have tickets to DEHD, whom I've yet to see and doesn't cost $200. Ended up nabbing a ticket for Caspian though and will end up bailing on another show I had planned that night.

I want to order MONO – “Beyond the Past" and BRUIT ≤ – “The Machine is burning...” from Pelagic records. Any other records I should discover from this label? I want to add their Mystery Bundle but am afraid I'll receive some back catalogue records.

i also see they offer a subscription service, anyone here is a subscriber?

I want to order MONO – “Beyond the Past" and BRUIT ≤ – “The Machine is burning...” from Pelagic records. Any other records I should discover from this label? I want to add their Mystery Bundle but am afraid I'll receive some back catalogue records.

i also see they offer a subscription service, anyone here is a subscriber?
Big Pelagic fan here. Not a subscriber though—I think it's a bit pricier here with the import costs, so I just grab releases through their import partners.

Those are two excellent choices!

If you want to stick to the instrumental stuff: PG.Lost, Wang Wen, A Swarm of the Sun, Set and Setting, and Shy, Low are all great options.

For sweeping post-metal with screamy atmospheric vocals: The Ocean Collective, Cult of Luna or Rosetta

On the heavier side: LLNN, Lo!

SOM is absolute bliss for their dreamy doom pop too.

I also really dig Playgrounded, Abraham, Junius and Spook the Horses.

You honestly can't go wrong with anything in their back catalog. I'd just be more concerned about getting dupes of what I already have.

Realizing this probably helps very little, considering I've listed half their catalog.

Pelican reissue of Australasia on colored wax is down to the last copies for preorder (Aug. 19). Standard black preorders will follow.

If you've got a chance to catch Earth on their co-headlining tour with Iceage, you better do it!
Caught this line in Sargent House's post that says Dylan Carlson mentioned it could be their last.
They've got new material coming though and played a few new songs last night.

Back