Post-Rock Will Never Die, But You Will... (The Post-Rock Thread)

Was able to spin the new Mogwai yesterday, and on first listen I dig it. Out definitely fits into the overall vibe of their last decade or so, cinematic with electronic flourishes and several more rocking tracks throughout the album. Need some more listens to really process it though!

Was able to spin the new Mogwai yesterday, and on first listen I dig it. Out definitely fits into the overall vibe of their last decade or so, cinematic with electronic flourishes and several more rocking tracks throughout the album. Need some more listens to really process it though!
From the gig it feels very much like a greatest hits of the last 10 years. Not a bad thing in my book.

Did anyone else catch the Godspeed livestream on Saturday? The link didn't work for me for the first few minutes but I caught the rest. Spoiler: the new album kicks ass. Hope I can rewatch with the projections.

i had no idea they had one and i held off on buying the new album via bandcamp and it immediately sold out everywhere, even the label

oh yeah I'm not stressed about it, for sure there's more money to be made on it. I imagine they'll tour sometime this year, they'll def want to press before then.

Something I miss about the pre-reformation of the band is the way they'd work material out on the road and you'd hear a million different versions before the albums versions, stuff like 12-28-99 or tazer floyd (or even how thatt firstt part of 'hung over like the queen in maida vale' turned into "monheim" turned into "Sleep". Did they ever release 'steve reich'?)

Oh, wow! Shy, Low signed with Pelagic for their third album. First track is premiering exclusively on the Roadburn Redux festival site for the next few days.

oh yeah I'm not stressed about it, for sure there's more money to be made on it. I imagine they'll tour sometime this year, they'll def want to press before then.

Something I miss about the pre-reformation of the band is the way they'd work material out on the road and you'd hear a million different versions before the albums versions, stuff like 12-28-99 or tazer floyd (or even how thatt firstt part of 'hung over like the queen in maida vale' turned into "monheim" turned into "Sleep". Did they ever release 'steve reich'?)

You may well have seen these dates already, but just in case:

Back