Post-Rock Will Never Die, But You Will... (The Post-Rock Thread)

I am listening to Mono for the first time and loving it. I streamed their Spotify playlist and I am now on Hymn to the Immortal Wind. Where to go after that? Also, I see that almost all, if not all, their records are pressed at RTI which seems to be a very good thing.
I like One More Step And You Die and Requiem For Hell. Hymn seems to be their high point from what I gather.

Y'all ever listen to Slow Crush? They probably fall more in line with shoegaze, actually, they definitely do. But solid band. Have some twinkly and reverb-ed post-rockish guitars at times.

I really like their sound- hits that sweet spot of heaviness and ethereal like good shoegaze should. Last year, when I wanted to get this album on vinyl, Bandcamp would have been pretty expensive on vinyl, but for US orders they have a site:

I really like their sound- hits that sweet spot of heaviness and ethereal like good shoegaze should. Last year, when I wanted to get this album on vinyl, Bandcamp would have been pretty expensive on vinyl, but for US orders they have a site:

Yeah, I picked up both their LPs on Hello Merch. I had the same issue last year. Didn't want to import them from the EU

Temporary Residence just emailed me about the new Mogwai vinyl boxset, street date was 2/19. It has now been delayed to April 9th because the pressing plant doesn't have the red "dye" (or some shit) to press the red records. Make them blue, yellow, green, clear, whatever. I don't really care! ha ha. Disappointing, as I was eager to spin the new album. Guess I will be riding on the digi files until the box shows up.

Temporary Residence just emailed me about the new Mogwai vinyl boxset, street date was 2/19. It has now been delayed to April 9th because the pressing plant doesn't have the red "dye" (or some shit) to press the red records. Make them blue, yellow, green, clear, whatever. I don't really care! ha ha. Disappointing, as I was eager to spin the new album. Guess I will be riding on the digi files until the box shows up.

I pre-ordered the violet... don't know if that one is affected. :unsure:

I preordered the black. If that color is delayed then 2021 is going to suck worse than it already does.

Interesting. Don't think I've received anything for my boxset. Probably a different plant here in Europe?

I've long sat on the idea of starting this very thread (clock the sig!), so thanks @LeSamourai for having the guts to actually follow through on it.

If this weekend's live stream is any indication, All The Love Continues is Mogwai in top form. Hot damn!

I logged in to my informed delivery and saw that a package was delivered to my parcel locker today, which I didn't expect given the federal holiday. Went out to the mailbox, and it's the new Mogwai a bit early! It's too late to play it at the necessary volume, so I'm looking forward to blasting it tomorrow. I will return and report!

Back