Portland / Oregon

Also worth considering Prospector Records (SE Foster). I’ve never traded in there, but they have a pretty good consignment option for more valuable stuff (either 70/30 or 75/25, I can’t remember which, but the higher number is the person in your shoes) so maybe their trade in prices are reasonable. If you have jazz, Dig Vinyl (Sellwood) may also be good, and they also do consignment. Speck’s records in Kenton is owned by a very nice and fair guy, but I think he’s fair bc of his very reasonable selling prices, which I think may translate into less $ if you’re trading in. The guy who runs Tomorrow Records (SE Hawth) is also a nice guy, so maybe they’re a good option, too. They don’t do consignment on used items.
Thanks! I don't care about consignment, or even getting the most money, I'm mostly interested in who will take the most with the least hassle 😂

These aren't gems for the most part. I give my best not-played-enough records to friends. Just middle-of-the-road indie and some ill-advised early days VMP-related purchases and that kind of thing.

Thanks! I don't care about consignment, or even getting the most money, I'm mostly interested in who will take the most with the least hassle 😂

These aren't gems for the most part. I give my best not-played-enough records to friends. Just middle-of-the-road indie and some ill-advised early days VMP-related purchases and that kind of thing.

It's been years since I sold to Everyday. But when I did, back then, the nice thing was they take literally everything. They may offer you like 50 cents on something they have a ton of, but they would take it.

Like I said, it's been years, so I don't know if this is still the case.

It's been years since I sold to Everyday. But when I did, back then, the nice thing was they take literally everything. They may offer you like 50 cents on something they have a ton of, but they would take it.

Like I said, it's been years, so I don't know if this is still the case.
Everyday Music on Sandy just closed, but they're apparently still buying on Burnside. Thank you!

Everyday Music on Sandy just closed, but they're apparently still buying on Burnside. Thank you!
Oh dang. I remember the guy at the Burnside location going out of his way to explain to me that if I had a big haul of records or CDs in the future, the Sandy Blvd location would be a better bet because I’d be able to park a lot closer and wouldn’t have to carry everything quite as far to get it in the shop haha. Depending on how much stuff you have, it might be worth calling ahead to see if they have a cart you can borrow to unload your car and get everything in the store.

I hope the Burnside location (or wherever you end up going) works out well for you!

Hey, you guys ever sell records to local stores? I have never, and my particular brand of anxiety disorder makes it VERY SCARY, but I have too many records and no desire to try to sell them individually online. They aren't great or super rare, I am comfortable with store credit, I just need to make space and wondered if you darlings had any low-hassle local recommendations?

1709 and Everybody music in Vancouver are my go to's. Both generally give 40-50% discogs value and a little more than that if you want credit.

Anyone here want 2 tix to the sold out Kikagaku Moyo show @ the Crystal Ballroom on Sept. 28 before I put them on CL?
Rose City Band is the opening act, and it’s KM’s final tour.

Selling the pair for $72, which is $.08 less than I paid for them.

Full disclosure: last week, KM announced a show the night before @ Aladdin. Those tix are $45 each, and I was happy to pay $9 more per ticket to see them @ the Aladdin over a packed Crystal. Actually, I’d pay $90 more to see a show @ Aladdin over the Crystal. The Aladdin show is not sold out, but it will sell out eventually. I haven’t seen whether RCB or anyone else is opening @ the Aladdin.

My name is on the tix, but they’re fully transferable. In case you’re worried that I could sell them more than once, there’s only one person w my name west of the Rockies, I’m easy to find, and, if I scammed you, it would be easy for you to file a complaint against me w/ the Oregon State Bar and make my life miserable in a way that would dwarf whatever I’d gain from scamming someone. I’m also not a scumbag. I know some people would question that given that I’m a lawyer, but it’s really true!! :D 5978A83A-4BF9-4C32-8DBF-1052625E4E90.jpeg

Ha! I will also be selling a single ticket to the Crystal show (and buying a ticket to the Aladdin).

I swore off the Crystal for years, but a farewell Kikagaku Moyo tour was enough to sway me.

This Aladdin announcement was welcome news, indeed.

Soooo, my wife and I are going to be doing a little getaway to Portland at the beginning of October. We've never been before, but one thing I noticed was Tortoise playing a show at Revolution Hall while we're there. Is it a good place to see a show?

And, the second question is more general- any recommendations for places to go, to eat, etc? We're just looking to have a few days of fun and relaxation in a new place!

Soooo, my wife and I are going to be doing a little getaway to Portland at the beginning of October. We've never been before, but one thing I noticed was Tortoise playing a show at Revolution Hall while we're there. Is it a good place to see a show?

And, the second question is more general- any recommendations for places to go, to eat, etc? We're just looking to have a few days of fun and relaxation in a new place!
Rev Hall is a great place. Amazing beer selection, and reasonably priced. It is an old high school auditorium, so some of the seats are not positioned exactly how you might want them to be. For that reason, it can be helpful to arrive on the early side. I have tickets to that Tortoise show, and will also be seeing The Comet is Coming and Julia Jacklin there (separately) earlier that same week.

I'll pass along some food recommendations in a bit...need to go pick up my daughter. What part of town will you be staying in? There are great restaurants in most neighborhoods, and it's always nice to be able to walk.

Sounds like it will be a Needles and Grooves meetup site, I'll be going to that show too!

We're not sure yet, our next step is getting a place to stay.
I’ll be at the tortoise show, too. Agree on early arrival at rev. It is a good venue.

Give some idea of food/experiences you like and I’ll give some recs, too.

No guarantees, of course, but beginning of October can be surprisingly gorgeous here, before the mostly full time rain sets in through spring.

My one suggestion is not to stay in downtown proper. If you’re into hotels, either Jupiter property or KEX. Otherwise, I’m an east side guy, so most of my neighborhood recs for Airbnb and bars/restaurants will be on east side (basically east of the willamette river, which divides east from west, and Burnside St divides north/south) so things near SE Division, or NE Alberta, or N Mississippi, or Hawthorne, and N Williams.

Last edited:
Just got my tix to the Tortoise show!
Good deal, we will surely have to have a N+G rendezvous. Once you lock in your lodging, let us know where you will be staying, and I'm sure a few of us can provide dining options that are in the neighborhood or general area.

Back