Portland / Oregon

Is anyone else going to see Echo and the Bunnymen at the Roseland on 8/31? I haven’t been to that venue in more than 10 years.

Has anyone figured out a way to get Moda/ticket master to print physical tickets? I prefer them over using my phone

What are the Pioneer Courthouse Square shows like? Do they just gate off the block like it's a beer festival? I'd never seen a live show there in the time when I lived in Portland. Flying up for the mclusky show at Revolution Hall later this month and saw the Spoon+Interpol bill so grabbed a ticket. Really curious how they manage shows there.

What are the Pioneer Courthouse Square shows like? Do they just gate off the block like it's a beer festival? I'd never seen a live show there in the time when I lived in Portland. Flying up for the mclusky show at Revolution Hall later this month and saw the Spoon+Interpol bill so grabbed a ticket. Really curious how they manage shows there.
I've seen a few there but it's been a number of years, always an interesting scene. I would think it would be a great show. They did just put a fence around the block previously, so would expect the same. That'll be a good weekend of music, have fun!

Anyone interested in two tix to Kikagaku Moyo at Crystal Ballroom on September 28? Face with fees is $72, but I’ll trim 10% for anyone on N&G. The show is sold out, as is the previous night’s show at Aladdin (I’m going to that one), and I haven’t tried to sell these tix any other way yet. I will put them on CL for actual face this weekend if nobody here wants them.

So, $65 for pair. They’re etix “print at home” that I can email you, but I don’t think I can officially transfer them. So there’s a theoretical risk that I could sell them twice, but I’m not a dick, and, even if I was, you’ll have my full name and the Oregon State Bar wouldn’t look kindly on me scamming someone.

I saw FJM there. They block it off. If you get in early you can get seats on the stairs.

Anyone interested in two tix to Kikagaku Moyo at Crystal Ballroom on September 28? Face with fees is $72, but I’ll trim 10% for anyone on N&G. The show is sold out, as is the previous night’s show at Aladdin (I’m going to that one), and I haven’t tried to sell these tix any other way yet. I will put them on CL for actual face this weekend if nobody here wants them.

So, $65 for pair. They’re etix “print at home” that I can email you, but I don’t think I can officially transfer them. So there’s a theoretical risk that I could sell them twice, but I’m not a dick, and, even if I was, you’ll have my full name and the Oregon State Bar wouldn’t look kindly on me scamming someone.
Looking forward to that Aladdin show!

Not 100% sure yet but I may have an extra floor ticket for Gorillaz tomorrow (Wednesday the 14th) anyone interested?

Anyone trying to buy sweets Blood tix at the Crystal? I got an email with the presale code “Monqui,” but the site says that’s invalid.

I’ll probably be fine waiting for general tomorrow…

edit: the presale starts at noon, apparently!

Last edited:
I’m going to sell Phish - A Live One and want to offer it here for $100, cash/in-person exchange. Discogs still shows this as the 2017 release, but there may have been a repress earlier this year that’s not in Discogs.

I bought this new in March of this year from Plaidroom. Played it twice, but it’s not something I’m going to play a lot, and I need to thin my herd.

Basically pristine. Maybe a few sporadic pops/clicks here and there, but that’s being conservative, and I suspect there’s some dust that can be cleaned.

Lowest price on discogs is $142.

I would want to meet in the parking lot of the Whole Foods @ NE Fremont/15th Ave.

PM if interested.

I’m going to sell Phish - A Live One and want to offer it here for $100, cash/in-person exchange. Discogs still shows this as the 2017 release, but there may have been a repress earlier this year that’s not in Discogs.

I bought this new in March of this year from Plaidroom. Played it twice, but it’s not something I’m going to play a lot, and I need to thin my herd.

Basically pristine. Maybe a few sporadic pops/clicks here and there, but that’s being conservative, and I suspect there’s some dust that can be cleaned.

Lowest price on discogs is $142.

I would want to meet in the parking lot of the Whole Foods @ NE Fremont/15th Ave.

PM if interested.
I feel like we should do a swap meet for all the Portlanders. :)

I feel like we should do a swap meet for all the Portlanders. :)
Great idea - an in-person swap/sale, with a free box to help some of us thin out our shelves.:D I know I have a decent handful of records looking for a new home, some that went unclaimed during the last PIFs-giving. Not quite worth the trouble to sell...I could try putting them up in the PIF thread again, but might be just as satisfying to give them away with zero strings attached.

Great idea - an in-person swap/sale, with a free box to help some of us thin out our shelves.:D I know I have a decent handful of records looking for a new home, some that went unclaimed during the last PIFs-giving. Not quite worth the trouble to sell...I could try putting them up in the PIF thread again, but might be just as satisfying to give them away with zero strings attached.
I have plenty of good records to get rid of that I’m just not playing and would be happy to do a swap meet. I’d even trade Phish - A Live One for something in range of value. I have some other heavy hitters, including Yes - Fragile One Step MFSL, with some surface noise on Disc 2 and seam splits. but I’d price (or value in trade) accordingly. It still sounds great generally.

Btw, an update to a previous post: I sold my Kikagaku/Crystal tix for face value today on CL. Plenty of scalper options so someone was happy to jump on those.

I have plenty of good records to get rid of that I’m just not playing and would be happy to do a swap meet. I’d even trade Phish - A Live One for something in range of value. I have some other heavy hitters, including Yes - Fragile One Step MFSL, with some surface noise on Disc 2 and seam splits. but I’d price (or value in trade) accordingly. It still sounds great generally.

Btw, an update to a previous post: I sold my Kikagaku/Crystal tix for face value today on CL. Plenty of scalper options so someone was happy to jump on those.
I already had tickets to the Kikagaku show at the Aladdin, but glad you sold them. I honestly try to avoid the Crystal whenever possible.

Maybe some of us can brainstorm details for a meet-up/swap at the upcoming Kikagaku or Tortoise shows. Sounds as though we will have a critical mass at both shows.

Anyone up for getting together before the Kkagaku Moyo show? I couldn’t convince my wife to join for this one, and will be going solo. We could meet at Apex, not sure what timing would work best?

Back