Portland / Oregon

I can’t bring my cynical high schooler to even have a hint of curiosity about my turntable, so MM kids day is out for me! But it sounds like a cool idea.
Not surprisingly, my 15 yo daughter also has zero interest in the turntable. Spotify meets her needs just fine.

I brought my 13 yo daughter to Record Store Day a few years back, and I think she still has PTSD from the experience. Otherwise, I would consider bringing her. She definitely inherited my love of music and was thrilled to have my old turntable when I upgraded.

I can’t bring my cynical high schooler to even have a hint of curiosity about my turntable, so MM kids day is out for me! But it sounds like a cool idea.
Heh. My kid has been listening to records her whole life, fortunately. She thinks it's old fashioned, but she has her own records too.

If anyone is interested in this show on Saturday, May 14 @ Star Theater, I have a ticket that I can no longer use bc of a trip I had to schedule that weekend, and I’m looking to sell. Ticket was $33.40 after fees, and I’ll sell for $30.

Attachments

• 1647361362553.png
    1647361362553.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Anyone been to shows at pioneer courthouse Square? Seems like outside GA only for someone like FJM would be weird?

Anyone been to shows at pioneer courthouse Square? Seems like outside GA only for someone like FJM would be weird?
Honestly, it's not bad. I've seen a couple of shows there in the past and it's decent. The size of the square isn't so big to make it awful, and the south side kinda acts like an amphitheater. I know I've seen Los Lobos, Iron and Wine, and Neko Case there off the top of my head. Musicfest NW used to use it for a couple of shows each year, but this thing is really ramping up the usage. I think the City may be wanting to push things like this to get people back downtown.

You get your Pickathon tickets today? Kinda want to wait for some of the lineup to be announced, and the changes to the site, but I guess that really doesn't matter.
I did manage to get car camping tickets (would still love to have a place to park an extra car, if possible).

Will hold off on buying any other tickets for a while. I volunteered for the Art Cart team last time around, which is basically driving the artists and some of their gear around to various stages using the Gators. It was a lot of fun and they comped a weekend pass along with some other benefits. Will probably go that route again if available.

I did manage to get car camping tickets (would still love to have a place to park an extra car, if possible).

Will hold off on buying any other tickets for a while. I volunteered for the Art Cart team last time around, which is basically driving the artists and some of their gear around to various stages using the Gators. It was a lot of fun and they comped a weekend pass along with some other benefits. Will probably go that route again if available.
Ah, that's a sweet way to go. I'll probably pick them up soon. Not sure how likely it will sell out anytime soon.

And yes, there should be room for your car at our place. Hopefully the neighborhood doesn't get overloaded with cars, I think we'll be just far enough away.

Ah, that's a sweet way to go. I'll probably pick them up soon. Not sure how likely it will sell out anytime soon.

And yes, there should be room for your car at our place. Hopefully the neighborhood doesn't get overloaded with cars, I think we'll be just far enough away.
Sons of Kemet Saturday night?

Anyone else going? Been looking forward to this one since tickets went on sale 11 months ago!

Sons of Kemet Saturday night?

Anyone else going? Been looking forward to this one since tickets went on sale 11 months ago!
We'll be at Sons of Kemet for sure! Let me know if you want to catch up before, guessing we'll go for a drink or dinner first. Not sure about anyone else here.

Spiritualized on Friday night too!

We'll be at Sons of Kemet for sure! Let me know if you want to catch up before, guessing we'll go for a drink or dinner first. Not sure about anyone else here.

Spiritualized on Friday night too!
Nice! Will let you know for sure. My wife is out of town so I may end up with an extra ticket. Have offered to my brother, waiting to hear.

I might get to Jeff Parker/Steve Gunn on Friday night.

Nice! Will let you know for sure. My wife is out of town so I may end up with an extra ticket. Have offered to my brother, waiting to hear.

I might get to Jeff Parker/Steve Gunn on Friday night.
I would have gone to that, I think it was rescheduled and already had these tickets. That's a perfect lineup!

Honestly, it's not bad. I've seen a couple of shows there in the past and it's decent. The size of the square isn't so big to make it awful, and the south side kinda acts like an amphitheater. I know I've seen Los Lobos, Iron and Wine, and Neko Case there off the top of my head. Musicfest NW used to use it for a couple of shows each year, but this thing is really ramping up the usage. I think the City may be wanting to push things like this to get people back downtown.

Yea most likely why the city is doing it. But without getting into too much political talk the way to get people back downtown is to get it to be safer/cleaner.

Back