PopTarts Unite!

Speaking of Kesha's new album, I have absolutely no idea what to expect. Both of the singles I heard were polar opposites, lol. For some reason I have a feeling the album will kind of be her mixing pieces of the more soulful singer-songwriter Kesha and the obnoxious* party girl Ke$ha together.

*meant in the most positive way possible.
The latter Ke$ha appears as a feature. The prior Kesha is the artist releasing the album. Or so I hear. Let's see how close to this the album actually is.

The latter Ke$ha appears as a feature. The prior Kesha is the artist releasing the album. Or so I hear. Let's see how close to this the album actually is.
That's the track I'm most interested in, for sure. Also, Animal turned ten on the 1st!

OK - it is snowing a lot here. I'm going to head home so I am shutting round 2 down now.

In this round, we said goodbye to: HAIM, Malmo, Grimes, Charli XCX, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Chvrches, Kanye and.....

Taylor Swift! She was knocked out by Janelle Monae and billie eilish. Wow, there are some strong feelings about Taylor! I honestly thought Shake It Off would be in the final 4.

No more dudes remain.

Multiple song artists remaining:

Robyn - 2 songs
CRJ - 3 songs
Lorde - 2 songs
Beyonce - 2 songs

Widest margin of victory: Robyn over Malmo - 91% v. 9%.

So here is round 3. With plenty of tears to shed over some of these match ups. :( I'm going to start round 4 Fri evening, so get your votes in before that.

Attachments

• bracket 1.pdf
    105.2 KB · Views: 2
  • bracket 2.pdf
    125.4 KB · Views: 11
OK - it is snowing a lot here. I'm going to head home so I am shutting round 2 down now.

In this round, we said goodbye to: HAIM, Malmo, Grimes, Charli XCX, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Chvrches, Kanye and.....

Taylor Swift! She was knocked out by Janelle Monae and billie eilish. Wow, there are some strong feelings about Taylor! I honestly thought Shake It Off would be in the final 4.

No more dudes remain.

Robyn - 2 songs
CRJ - 3 songs
Lorde - 2 songs
Beyonce - 2 songs

So here is round 3. With plenty of tears to shed over some of these match ups. :( I'm going to start round 4 Fri evening, so get your votes in before that.

NOOOOOOO I WAS LITERALLY IN THE PROCESS OF VOTING FOR ROUND 2 AND I GOT DISTRACTED

No more dudes remain.

Robyn - 2 songs
CRJ - 3 songs
Lorde - 2 songs
Beyonce - 2 songs

Damn, I love Janelle Monae and Billie Eilish but bigger songs than Taylor? No way.
Sad to Teenage Dream go to since I think thats a perfect pop song but I didnt think that was going to win anyway.
On to Round 3!

Damn, I love Janelle Monae and Billie Eilish but bigger songs than Taylor? No way.
Sad to Teenage Dream go to since I think thats a perfect pop song but I didnt think that was going to win anyway.
On to Round 3!

I am very upset with several people. But you now have a pass. I agree - Taylor's Shake It Off, although people maybe don't like it, was a way bigger pop song and more representative of pop in the decade than Janelle. And I say this as a HUGE fan of Janelle. I think she is one of the better performers out there.

But hey. Some ding dong decided to come up with this bracket challenge and now has to live with the results. ;)

I am very upset with several people. But you now have a pass. I agree - Taylor's Shake It Off, although people maybe don't like it, was a way bigger pop song and more representative of pop in the decade than Janelle. And I say this as a HUGE fan of Janelle. I think she is one of the better performers out there.

But hey. Some ding dong decided to come up with this bracket challenge and now has to live with the results. ;)

Yeah, I saw Janelle live last year and one of the best shows I've ever seen. Huge huge fan. But Shake it Off was a monster song.

But I suppose the people have spoken...

Yeah, I saw Janelle live last year and one of the best shows I've ever seen. Huge huge fan. But Shake it Off was a monster song.

But I suppose the people have spoken...
I saw Janelle too! Wasn't that such an amazing show? Good lord, she was born to perform.

Back