PopTarts Unite!

I submitted and was met with this 😔
View attachment 28612
Yep, I closed it. I'm really sorry, it is really really snowing and I have to leave. If you want to DM your picks, I will see if they change anything. But I don't think there were any songs that were only 1 vote away from being knocked out.

Is this bracket for the biggest or the best/favorite. Because if it was biggest than adele and taylor should be the only real contenders. For best/favorite not as much for me atleast. Never was a fan of shake it off, and definitely prefer janelle to it

My impression was the ones that most embodied the decade. So quality, biggest, and the most representative of the decade (or part of the decade).
That's why to me Hello, Shake It off, call me maybe, thank u next,and teenage dream are probably the only most representative of that (love Beyonce but I put her, Rihanna, and Janelle in a more R&B category anyway).

But thats just how I Interpreted...

Voted! I hate that Billie took out Miley and Taylor and now is matched up against Lizzo. I don't know if I can handle the disappointment anymore haha Also, Tik Tok vs. The Edge of Glory should be at least an Elite 8 if not a Final 4 matchup in my mind.

I wouldn't bother. Like you said, I doubt very many of my picks would have won either way.

I think I may have to just sit out the rest of the bracket unfortunately. I don't feel great about continuing on this round when I basically let my votes for the last round fall into the trash. I'm kicking myself for not filling it out sooner but I assumed that Round 2 would be open until later in the day. Oh well. I'm still interested to see the results.
Actually, no more feeling sorry for myself. Decided to get over it and be a team player. Votes for round 3 have been placed ^_^

My impression was the ones that most embodied the decade. So quality, biggest, and the most representative of the decade (or part of the decade).
That's why to me Hello, Shake It off, call me maybe, thank u next,and teenage dream are probably the only most representative of that (love Beyonce but I put her, Rihanna, and Janelle in a more R&B category anyway).

But thats just how I Interpreted...

We can each make up our own voting standards but personal preference has got to be a factor.

I thought "Rolling in the Deep" was way bigger than "Hello"?!?

"Teenage Dream" being out is very, very sad. I missed the Round 2 vote but it sounds like none of the matchups were all that close.

I'm the biggest Grimes stan I know but even I would have voted for "Tik Tok" last round (and this round for that matter). That song is pure pop fuel.

I quite liked 1989 but I always thought that "Blank Space" was significantly better than "Shake It Off."

I've been largely exiled from the pop world since 2016 so I'm dumping all my votes on oldies like "Call Me Maybe."

Also making someone choose between "Cut to the Feeling" and "Green Light" should be illegal. The rest weren't too bad but that one had me like
View attachment 28622
I had to go with green light

Like I love cut to the feeling

But people were waiting years and some didn't even expect the heavily pop turn from green light.. it surprised me at least, but now it's so amazing no one cares

(Also a+ for the k on pic, it took a bit too grow on me but the cute girls won me over)

I had to go with green light

Like I love cut to the feeling

But people were waiting years and some didn't even expect the heavily pop turn from green light.. it surprised me at least, but now it's so amazing no one cares
I went with "Green Light" too! It's just too good. But it was one of those matchups where if someone picked "Cut to the Feeling" I wouldn't be mad.

I think "Green Light" just has that feeling of a song that helps define an artist and will have a lasting impact. I feel like as great as "Cut to the Feeling" is, it just doesn't have that same air about it. It was a song penned for a soundtrack to a kid's movie that was much bigger than the movie it was attached to. It'll just be another footnote in CRJ's career whereas "Green Light" was a major moment for Lorde. I hope I'm making sense, lol

It was a song penned for a soundtrack to a kid's movie that was much bigger than the movie it was attached to. It'll just be another footnote in CRJ's career whereas "Green Light" was a major moment for Lorde. I hope I'm making sense, lol
the sad fact that we have to thank harvey weinstein for helping make the song a single sucks (as it was made a single to promote the american version of the film featuring light turner aka the guy from the naked brothers band)..

at least no one remembers leap and carly was on the film far before harvey came in

the sad fact that we have to thank harvey weinstein for helping make the song a single sucks (as it was made a single to promote the american version of the film featuring light turner aka the guy from the naked brothers band)..

at least no one remembers leap and carly was on the film far before harvey came in
I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of even letting him be a second thought in regards to the song. It's not like he helped produce/write/do anything to help make the song itself. He doesn't deserve to take up any space in your mind when you listen to that song! Leave him behind - he deserves to have his name forgotten anyway.

The intention was that we were nominating and voting on the 3 songs that were most representative of pop for the 2010s. That's the only guidance I really gave. Despite my faux ire and all the capital letters, I really am fine with however this turns out. It is fine for people to be voting their favorites or for people to be voting for the biggest if that's what your interpretation of the most representative. It was also an exercise to get us all engaged and chatting about pop and to just have some fun revisiting some of the top moments of the decade. Hopefully it's done all of the above! :)

The intention was that we were nominating and voting on the 3 songs that were most representative of pop for the 2010s. That's the only guidance I really gave. Despite my faux ire and all the capital letters, I really am fine with however this turns out. It is fine for people to be voting their favorites or for people to be voting for the biggest if that's what your interpretation of the most representative. It was also an exercise to get us all engaged and chatting about pop and to just have some fun revisiting some of the top moments of the decade. Hopefully it's done all of the above! :)

Yeah I reject objectivity. So I always pick my favourite based on how I interpret. I’ve always felt that the closest you can get to objectivity is if everyone goes with their favourite based on their understanding and you get a large enough sample size. It’s the only way I can rationalise say Taylor going out this early or anyone liking Adele at all.

We can each make up our own voting standards but personal preference has got to be a factor.

I thought "Rolling in the Deep" was way bigger than "Hello"?!?

"Teenage Dream" being out is very, very sad. I missed the Round 2 vote but it sounds like none of the matchups were all that close.

I'm the biggest Grimes stan I know but even I would have voted for "Tik Tok" last round (and this round for that matter). That song is pure pop fuel.

I quite liked 1989 but I always thought that "Blank Space" was significantly better than "Shake It Off."

I've been largely exiled from the pop world since 2016 so I'm dumping all my votes on oldies like "Call Me Maybe."

Yeah, true. "Rolling in the Deep" was bigger than "Hello". I'm not really an Adele fan at all so I completely forgot about that one.

"Blank Space" was maybe bigger than "Shake It Off" but only marginally and I do like Shake it Off better, but that's super subjective. That whole album is great IMO.

The intention was that we were nominating and voting on the 3 songs that were most representative of pop for the 2010s. That's the only guidance I really gave.

This is how I interpreted and how I picked my choices, my 3 favorites would likely have been different (except maybe Teenage Dream). And there is obviously subjectivity regarding that too, and I definitely picked 3 that I liked as well as fitting that interpretation. But how I read it is why I was hoping songs by more Pop-Rock, Rap, or obscure picks were eliminated. Love those artists but I dont see that as "representative of pop for the 2010s".

Back