PopTarts Unite!

Just came across this, and saw you had already posted it. So they decide to release this after over two decades of not releasing any music?
The production/beat is like a rejected Dua Lipa session while lacking any charisma from Timberlake, Fatone, Bass, or Kirkpatrick. JC Chavez carries this, but it is still a bland, uninspired cut that I predict will be wiped from both public memory and radio stations when the promotional/screening period for this movie ends.

Just came across this, and saw you had already posted it. So they decide to release this after over two decades of not releasing any music?
The production/beat is like a rejected Dua Lipa session while lacking any charisma from Timberlake, Fatone, Bass, or Kirkpatrick. JC Chavez carries this, but it is still a bland, uninspired cut that I predict will be wiped from both public memory and radio stations when the promotional/screening period for this movie ends.
It’s for a Trolls movie, so it’s a gimmick track through and through. If they were serious about releasing music after a 2 decade hiatus, I imagine they wouldn’t be using a Trolls movie as a mouthpiece.

It’s for a Trolls movie, so it’s a gimmick track through and through. If they were serious about releasing music after a 2 decade hiatus, I imagine they wouldn’t be using a Trolls movie as a mouthpiece.
I don't know. By all accounts, Justin's brand is undesirable currently. I think this might be a play by him and his team to reinsert him in the minds of the public in a positive manner. Trolls may have been like, "no thanks, Justin" and he was like "what if I got the band back together?" and they were like, "if you do, we'll talk."

Bops. Some of the production on a few songs doesn't quite do it for my ears. The raps are a bit cringe, especially on "Nice to Meet You" with some lame modern references/rhymes. But what hits certainly HITS. The production switchup on "The Aisle" snatched my electropop heart✨

[alternative R&B, alt-pop, breakbeat]

Ari goes...house?
...ok. It's fine. I don't mind the intro at all (unlike some I see are saying), but this song needed to be longer.

[dance-pop, house]

Popping by with a little Bandcamp Friday reco.

Worship has long been one of my favorite dark and lush synthpop acts. Their music is so textural.

They sadly faded into oblivion (Jordan Fish ended up joining Bring Me The Horizon on keys till just recently) but their output is collected as an album here. All sales go to charity each year.

For February they are matching all sales and supporting Citizens Must Not Be A Target appeal through Choose Love for humanitarian relief in Gaza.

Hope you enjoy!

I'm surprised she didn't announce it alongside "Training Season"

Especially since she performed it at the Grammys before the song released. That feels like the perfect momentum for an album announcement and we still have nothing. The annoyance is probably heightened because it is my most anticipated album of the year and I’m feeling impatient lol

Dua Lipa has been teasing her new album for way to long now! Both songs are incredible, please just announce the album already!

Last edited:
Back