PopTarts Unite!

A very good candidate for my favorite pop album of '22.

[synthpop, electropop]

May have to revisit? Probably my biggest candidate for most disappointing album of the year. Their first album was my primary soundtrack through SE Asia in Dec of 16. And their second album is an all-time fav.

Thus one did absolutely 0 for me.

May have to revisit? Probably my biggest candidate for most disappointing album of the year. Their first album was my primary soundtrack through SE Asia in Dec of 16. And their second album is an all-time fav.

Thus one did absolutely 0 for me.
This one's dropped significantly on my list this year from when I first listened. It may not be on my top50 by year's end. I'd have at least four pop-adjacent albums above this one, with Beyoncé's Renaissance being my favorite of those.

I had to stream their album on Spotify and I don’t know why I like it, but I really like this album.
I think it's just really catchy, chill, and fun. I've been telling friends to listen to it and when they ask questions I have trouble describing it haha.

@nolalady I listened to Honey and Breathing Song this morning. Breathing Song is brutal. It sounds fantastic but that's going to be a tough one to re-listen to. What do you think of the album as a whole?

@nolalady I listened to Honey and Breathing Song this morning. Breathing Song is brutal. It sounds fantastic but that's going to be a tough one to re-listen to. What do you think of the album as a whole?
I enjoyed it as a whole. It’s a really strong album, but not my aoty. It’s deeply personal and just like the SZA album, she’s working through a lot of relationship stuff in a very honest way.

Back