PopTarts Unite!

Oh I'm all about new Rebecca Black.

Any thoughts from the N&G Team on Sour? I'm on my second listen through and was really intrigued by the different stiles. good 4 u teased it but Brutal is a great companion piece sound wise and there's a lot of variety on here. The end of the album kind of tailed off to me, but those first 7-8 songs all brought some heat and even Favorite Crime (#10) worked for me.

34 minute, 11 song album also seems to be continuing the trend of shorter songs coming back.

Any thoughts from the N&G Team on Sour? I'm on my second listen through and was really intrigued by the different stiles. good 4 u teased it but Brutal is a great companion piece sound wise and there's a lot of variety on here. The end of the album kind of tailed off to me, but those first 7-8 songs all brought some heat and even Favorite Crime (#10) worked for me.

34 minute, 11 song album also seems to be continuing the trend of shorter songs coming back.

I honestly didn't think I was going to like Sour all that much, but have really enjoyed it! I think it's really good and love the harder hitting songs like Brutal, and her voice really shines on the more vulnerable songs. You can feel the emotion and heartbreak, and I appreciate that as well. Enjoying it so far and pleasantly surprised by that.

Thus far, I think Traitor is the best song I've heard from it.
It's a decent album, but it's a bit slow.

This album just keeps drawing me in, all I've been in the mood to listen to the past couple days. I agree that the last song doesn't really grab me like the rest of the album, but I don't think it tails off at the end of the album otherwise. happier (track 8) is another great heartbreak ballad, and jealousy, jealousy (track 9) is a banger and might be my favorite track on the album. Again, just my opinion, but maybe give the end of the album another listen.

Slayyyter's debut SLAMS. Played this 3 times at work so far.

[electropop, hyperpop]

I was confused because she has a self-titled album from 2019, but it's categorized as a mixtape... It's 14 tracks and 40+ minutes long, though. What makes something an album versus a mixtape?

Regardless, both are great. I love this alt-pop feel It's like all the best parts of the 90's and early 00's mixed with today's high production value and more mature themes.

I was confused because she has a self-titled album from 2019, but it's categorized as a mixtape... It's 14 tracks and 40+ minutes long, though. What makes something an album versus a mixtape?

Regardless, both are great. I love this alt-pop feel It's like all the best parts of the 90's and early 00's mixed with today's high production value and more mature themes.

I mean I think the meaning of mixtapes has kinda been lost at this point. I always thought of it as a collection or unrelated samples or songs for an artist to showcase their skills to catch attention of a major label. Now they just tend to give that to albums not released on a major label.

But yeah, whatever she wants to call them. Both are great.

Nice to see this got a music video.

Love Again is one of my favourite songs on the album but I'm pretty meh on the video. I think I'm spoiled by the Tiny Desk version.

I just recently discovered the Dua Lipa album and have been loving it but I always assumed this was the Love Again video. Most people didn't seem to know it existed. Apparently it was uploaded last June.

Back