PopTarts Unite!

I liked that song a lot, which surprised me because I don't like Gaga. She made four, five albums so far and I think I enjoy maybe... six songs? So, that was a nice surprise. The video, on the other hand... Meh. Considering Gaga's standards, it almost looked cheap. Homemade. I don't know how to explain it. It's supposed to be futuristic, but the clothes look like DIY costumes.

I still can't understand the appeal about Grimes. It's a mix of Enya with Grace Jones that I can't appreciate yet.

I suspect that part of the look of the video was that it was shot on an iPhone.

Really?
WHY???
Because Apple paid lots of money for it to be? Music videos are expensive to make. They don’t make that money back in the way they used to when folks bought CDs by the millions. It’s a pretty normal thing to do product placement and sponsorships with music videos these days.

If the RSD list that leaked is true, it appears that Charli XCX's Vroom Vroom EP is getting reissued. I will be the big sad if I don't get it.
20200302_130930.jpg

@Teeeee - what were your thoughts on the new Kesha album? Feel free to point me to if you posted your thoughts somewhere other than this thread in case I just missed it.
[/QUOTE]

I've listened a few times through now. And I really like it! Her vocals start out a bit warbly on Tonight. But in context of the rest of the song, it feels almost over the top on purpose. Big Freedia just makes Raising Hell even that much more of a banger! I dig Honey a lot. Kinky and Birthday Suit are classic Ke$ha!!! BFF feels a bit out of place though. Father Daughter Dance hit me in the feels. Summer is a fun little song to end a fun, solid album. It's not as good as Rainbow. But that is a high order. In short - I like it!!!

edit: welp, i screwed up that quoting thing. Pretty on brand though. :)

Last edited:
@Teeeee - what were your thoughts on the new Kesha album? Feel free to point me to if you posted your thoughts somewhere other than this thread in case I just missed it.

I've listened a few times through now. And I really like it! Her vocals start out a bit warbly on Tonight. But in context of the rest of the song, it feels almost over the top on purpose. Big Freedia just makes Raising Hell even that much more of a banger! I dig Honey a lot. Kinky and Birthday Suit are classic Ke$ha!!! BFF feels a bit out of place though. Father Daughter Dance hit me in the feels. Summer is a fun little song to end a fun, solid album. It's not as good as Rainbow. But that is a high order. In short - I like it!!!

[/QUOTE]
I'm glad you liked it ^_^

I think we have a lot of the same feelings toward it, I think "Birthday Suit" was one of the standout tracks for me! I think my main complaint is that while her performances throughout the album are all consistently good, the production feels... lacking. I don't know how to describe it but if she put out like a remix album for this record I feel like I would like it more since some of the songs feel dragged down by kind of meh production. All that being said, I'm happy she is in a place where she feels like making lighter, poppier music again. As of right now, I liked it but I don't really love it, but it could grow on me.

I read this and thought you were interviewing yourself to be funny, haha.

Back