POLL: Favorite Beatles Album?

Favorite Beatles album?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t think I could pick an absolute favorite, to be completely honest, but I gave my vote to Magical Mystery Tour because it seems like an underdog in a few ways.

If you held a gun to my head, I’d say Revolver or Sgt. Pepper’s Lobely Hearts Club Band. Rubber Soul would be in that same tier. But then I’d feel bad for neglecting The Beatles and Abbey Road.

Picking a favorite Beatles album seems ludicrous to me, in my opinion, but—
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

The American Version of Rubber Soul. This is the version I listened to growing up.

1. I've Just Seen A Face
  2. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
  3. You Won't See Me
  4. Think For Yourself
  5. The Word
  6. Michelle
  7. It's Only Love
  8. Girl
  9. I'm Looking Through You
  10. In My Life
  11. Wait
  12. Run For Your Life

Ah it’s wrong, it’s all wrong! Why is my favourite song from “Help!” opening “Rubber Soul” and where is Drive My Car, Nowhere Man and If I Needed Someone, I really like all of them! This is wrong, WRONG I TELLS YA!

The tribe has spoken (so far) - it's rightly Revolver.

From the cute Taxman straight into the stunning Eleanor Rigby, She Said She Said, the touching For No One, the anthemic Got to Get You Into my Life ... and ending on probably my favourite Beatles song of all, Tomorrow Never Knows, which still sounds like a Chemical Brothers driven tune. Amazing. With a nod to the past and a look to the future, it's impeccable.

The tribe has spoken (so far) - it's rightly Revolver.

From the cute Taxman straight into the stunning Eleanor Rigby, She Said She Said, the touching For No One, the anthemic Got to Get You Into my Life ... and ending on probably my favourite Beatles song of all, Tomorrow Never Knows, which still sounds like a Chemical Brothers driven tune. Amazing. With a nod to the past and a look to the future, it's impeccable.

I mean it’s not impeccable, it has yellow submarine on it. That said it’s the Beatles, it’s damn near perfect, but then so are 5 or 6 other albums...

Last edited:
OK so not impeccable - but I like it a lot more than Rubber Soul. Guess I prefer the Beatles after they discovered recreational drugs!

Yeah I prefer Rubber Soul, but rank it lower because I have an issue with the last song. That said I prefer White & Abbey Road to both of them and would put Magical Mystery Tour into the mix with the two of them.

Edit: I had always thought Rubber Soul was the first one after they had started smoking weed.

Call me crazy, but my desert island Beatles album is A Hard Day's Night. I'm old enough to remember my uncle buying and playing it (the motion picture soundtrack with the instrumental tracks) and it is a sentimental favorite., Good trivia: the only Beatles album composed entirely of Lennon/McCartney penned songs.

My 1-2 will always be Sgt. Pepper's and Magical Mystery Tour. They were my introduction to the Beatles and hold tremendous emotional value to me, so I cannot be objective.

That said, if Sgt. Pepper's wasn't an absolute masterpiece, I'd probably be sick of it after 25+ years. Instead, I cry almost every time I listen to it ("She's Leaving Home" and "When I'm Sixty-Four" are two songs that keep getting better and more meaningful the older I get). And "Lovely Rita" is my favorite Beatles song. What a trip that album is.

Revolver is probably my #3.

My list, based on a combination of pure brilliance and sentimentality for various reasons:
1. Revolver
2. Abbey Road
3. The White Album
4. Rubber Soul
5. Sgt. Peppers
6. The rest...

Admittedly, I’m not a huge Beatles fan, but I adore the White Album. It’s loose, gritty, adventurous and a brilliant collection of songs. I know fans are divided on this, but I’m really enjoying the new Giles Martin mix, sounds fantastic to my ears.
The Giles Martin mix of Sgt Pepper's was a revelation. If you haven't heard it yet, his interview on All Songs Considered was really interesting.

Back