Political Discussion

Unfortunately this Fs up 2024 as any campaign from her as an Indy will like split some dem votes and likely give Rs the seat 😣.
Are we sure about this? Josh Marshall at TPM has had a slightly more reserved take, which is essentially:
1. 2024 is an incredibly difficult Senate map for Democrats no matter what.
2. Sinema has already made herself virtually unelectable as a Democratic candidate and was likely to be primaried if she stayed in the party and decided to run again at all, which in itself is not a foregone conclusion.
3. This sets up the party to run a candidate (probably Gallego) without a prolonged 'primarying the incumbent' narrative and ignore Sinema (who is already having difficulty with fundraising) completely.
4. The Dem candidate may ultimately end up losing in 2024, but that's almost certainly what would happen if it was Sinema anyway, so in some respects this just provides more of a path than there would have been otherwise.

Personally, I think it's a safer bet that Sinema knows her career as an elected official is basically over and will not run in 2024 to save face, but has made a dramatic show of leaving the party now in order to maximize her relevance until then.

Are we sure about this? Josh Marshall at TPM has had a slightly more reserved take, which is essentially:
1. 2024 is an incredibly difficult Senate map for Democrats no matter what.
2. Sinema has already made herself virtually unelectable as a Democratic candidate and was likely to be primaried if she stayed in the party and decided to run again at all, which in itself is not a foregone conclusion.
3. This sets up the party to run a candidate (probably Gallego) without a prolonged 'primarying the incumbent' narrative and ignore Sinema (who is already having difficulty with fundraising) completely.
4. The Dem candidate may ultimately end up losing in 2024, but that's almost certainly what would happen if it was Sinema anyway, so in some respects this just provides more of a path than there would have been otherwise.

Personally, I think it's a safer bet that Sinema knows her career as an elected official is basically over and will not run in 2024 to save face, but has made a dramatic show of leaving the party now in order to maximize her relevance until then.
Yeah, her lobbying power (and thus $$$ earning ability) would be severely hampered if she flames out and gets less than 15% of the vote as an incumbent running for re-election. I think she doesn’t run and blasts the system/current environment for running a “maverick” out of office

Speaking of Elon,

Twitter Blue relaunches today. Lets see how that goes. Do we expect another fiasco with verification checkmarks?

One of the biggest changes he made to Twitter Blue this time around is not with the checkmarks, but rather pricing. Charging Apple users 40% more so Apple's 30% cut doesn't eat into their profit. But this makes me wonder if this move was Elon being a man child over Apple pulling advertising from Twitter as Elon did not make the same price changes for the Google Play store, which also takes a 30% cut...

Also there is this.

Last edited:
Related: this has been fun

You remember that time that Obama dunked on Trump for 20 minutes in front of all of Washington D.C. and it was awesome but it's also seen as one of the most significant events in convincing Trump to run for president and usher in a new era of some of the most noxious politics of our nation's history?

That, only this time it's the richest man alive.

You remember that time that Obama dunked on Trump for 20 minutes in front of all of Washington D.C. and it was awesome but it's also seen as one of the most significant events in convincing Trump to run for president and usher in a new era of some of the most noxious politics of our nation's history?

That, only this time it's the richest man alive.
Thankfully this chode can't run for president.

But I should add, he's into Desantis which is honestly probably worse with his monetary backing.

good reminder to never donate cash/round-up the change or whatever charitable lie any company is pushing when you check out! best case you are just contributing to their corporate write-offs and their ability to claim some good deeds, worst case you are paying someone else's dirty tab.

if you support the cause they have at the register, go home and donate a buck directly to the organization or look up a local group!

good reminder to never donate cash/round-up the change or whatever charitable lie any company is pushing when you check out! best case you are just contributing to their corporate write-offs and their ability to claim some good deeds, worst case you are paying someone else's dirty tab.

if you support the cause they have at the register, go home and donate a buck directly to the organization or look up a local group!
I just explained this to someone yesterday!

I've been shitting on Chapelle for at least 2 years now, so just another demerit to me.

I just remembered he was in one of my favourite early ought comedy movies (Undercover Brother) when I was recommending it to a colleague last week and it made me a little sad. Fortunately it's only a bit part, but still.

One of the biggest TV talk show personalities in Quebec had their Twitter account stolen on Friday. I'm talking one of the most influential people here. For example, during Federal and Provincial elections, he gets all of the party leaders on his show. He's been at it since 2004. Half a million followers (that's quite large considering the size of the francophone population in Canada).

Reported the theft less than 10 minutes after it happened. Nothing has been done about it still. Somebody has been shilling "autographed" macbooks on his account since then.

Further underscores how much of a joke they've become. There really has to be noboby home over there if they didn't realize the amount of (additional) negative press they're going to get out of this. To not realize the power of a show that reaches more than half of a population every Sunday night is bonkers.

One of the biggest TV talk show personalities in Quebec had their Twitter account stolen on Friday. I'm talking one of the most influential people here. For example, during Federal and Provincial elections, he gets all of the party leaders on his show. He's been at it since 2004. Half a million followers (that's quite large considering the size of the francophone population in Canada).

Reported the theft less than 10 minutes after it happened. Nothing has been done about it still. Somebody has been shilling "autographed" macbooks on his account since then.

Further underscores how much of a joke they've become. There really has to be noboby home over there if they didn't realize the amount of (additional) negative press they're going to get out of this. To not realize the power of a show that reaches more than half of a population every Sunday night is bonkers.
When do the lawsuits and federal investigations begin? At this point I can’t imagine twitter hasn’t been purposefully breached and user data accessed.

I've been shitting on Chapelle for at least 2 years now, so just another demerit to me.
Same, kinda been cold on him since the comeback, and he’s been off my list since his transphobia cropped up.

It’s just wild to me that his fans see him as a truthteller underdog who stands up to the establishment, even though he repeatedly broadcasts just what side of the haves-havenots divide he’s on.

When do the lawsuits and federal investigations begin? At this point I can’t imagine twitter hasn’t been purposefully breached and user data accessed.

That's the thing... the person in question was saying in the newspaper that he cannot fathom how his account was taken over. Can't find of any potential incident on his side. I wouldn't be surprised there was a breach of some kind. I mean, there's clearly nobody home over there, so who is monitoring that the data is secure?

Here is a bit on insanity. Both on people and and the action being taken by the power company.

TL/DR
  • Power company is replacing all meters with smart meters.
  • Smart meters report metered data via 5G/Cell Networks eliminating the need to read meters.
  • Virginia is one of 2 stays that don't allow you to opt out of getting a smart meter.
  • People are concerned about the 5G signals and their health and refusing to to schedule installation or allow installation of a smart meter on their home.
  • Power company is showing up with police disconnect their electricity as they didn't install the smart meter by the deadline.
  • Families with children have been without power since November 9th.

This is the hill people are willing to die on? And the answer is no electricity if you refuse to get a smart meter?

Me, I'll take an extra EMF from my smart meter and get the additional boosts from the 5G signal in my COVID jab microchip

Back