Political Discussion

I mean, I ran out of baby wash one day and when I stopped at a local CVS to pick some up while running some other errands, they had it behind glass like that. It's baby wash! For christ's sake. There were like four shelves in the BABY SECTION!!!!
Our local grocery stores still have the baby formula behind locked cabinets. Boggles the mind that our society is more worried about profits than nourished children 🤦🏾‍♂️

Our local grocery stores still have the baby formula behind locked cabinets. Boggles the mind that our society is more worried about profits than nourished children 🤦🏾‍♂️
Our laws protect creditors and property instead of protecting people from predatory lending and unlivable wages/predatory work places (e.g. the entire gig economy). We, as a society, need to address this first.

Fuck this timeline.

If the new law is enacted, it would represent the latest flashpoint in a long-running national debate over harm reduction, a philosophy that aims to avert the worst consequences of substance use, like death and disease, while recognizing that demanding instant abstinence is rarely practical.
It may also indicate a rightward lurch in U.S. attitudes toward harm reduction, and the country’s response to its drug epidemic more broadly. While the Biden administration has expressed unprecedented support for harm reduction, many Americans remain hostile to the approach.

Being involved with HIV/AIDS prevention in my early career, clean needle sites were imperative for disease prevention. Besides being sites where users could get medical attention, these were also sites for outreach. It's really sad that we are taking backwards steps in the fight against addiction.

After a rough week on the stock market last week, First Republic Bank has failed. JPMorgan Chase is buying most of the assets of First Republic Bank in a deal it has made with the FDIC for $13 Billion

Supreme Court to hear major case on limiting the power of federal government, a long-term goal of legal conservatives​

Mark my words, nothing good will come out of this.
We don't want the government to get too powerful, but we're going to let Chase buy up all of the banks (that the government didn't regulate so they were doomed to fail given rising interest rates), because letting companies have unlimited power is going to be totally okay....

Ron Desantis has accused Disney of "forum shopping" when Disney sued the new board last week. Basically, Disney filed its lawsuit in the Northern Florida District, which has a judge who was appointed by Obama and who has ruled unfavorably to Ron Desantis policies in the past.

Therefor, Meatball Ron is essentially accusing Disney of being shady and Cherry Picking a judge who will rule in their favor.

When did we get the point that the right doesn't see judges appointed by the left as fit / just. And we categorize judges as "Obama Judges" as a method of throwing mud at them.

Ron Desantis has accused Disney of "forum shopping" when Disney sued the new board last week. Basically, Disney filed its lawsuit in the Northern Florida District, which has a judge who was appointed by Obama and who has ruled unfavorably to Ron Desantis policies in the past.

Therefor, Meatball Ron is essentially accusing Disney of being shady and Cherry Picking a judge who will rule in their favor.

When did we get the point that the right doesn't see judges appointed by the left as fit / just. And we categorize judges as "Obama Judges" as a method of throwing mud at them.
Republicans like DeSantis get angry when you beat them at their own game. See anything that gets filed in the Federal court of Abilene, Texas. DeSantis problem is he sought so much credit for what he did to "Woke Disney" that he fell right into a trap of doing 100% what Disney stipulates in their lawsuit. They were 100% targeted by the government for their speech. They were 100% retaliated against by DeSantis on multiple occasions. And the dumb son of a bitch can't shut up about it. But like Trump, he will whine about Obama judges when even a Trump judge would rule for Disney because they value the rights of corporation against the government over the victory over woke ideology.

The best thing to come out of this is Disney torpedoing his presidential aspirations. I'd argue DeSantis could be more dangerous than Trump because he 100% weaponizes the government against those who he doesn't like or who go against him.

The best thing to come out of this is Disney torpedoing his presidential aspirations. I'd argue DeSantis could be more dangerous than Trump because he 100% weaponizes the government against those who he doesn't like or who go against him.
Bingo. trump is a dumbass, but desantis is smarter. I like to believe that he's a bit demoralized after the Japan trip, and might reconsider running since the media continually points out how much he is trailing by. That the FL House just passed the repeal of "resign to run" law is sickening. He's a wily one and should be viewed as such.

The budget the House passed has a bunch of things in it that will never pass the senate.
  • It codifies that the Biden Administration does not have the power to grant student loan forgiveness.
  • It repeals the funding to the IRS
  • It cuts Food Stamps, Medicare and other benefits.
  • It requires much stricter Welfare to Work requirements for eligibility.
  • It authorizes increased production of fossil fuels.
  • It limits the EPA and Biden from being able to set or enforce any type of climate change goals.

Heard a coworker say how only one of the people who were killed in that massacre was here legally (as he said it, only one was “legal”). I asked him “why does it matter”, he said something I couldn’t hear, I just left the room. Don’t gun nuts want everyone to have guns without restrictions?

The 6 year old was looking for a lost kitten. If you have to answer your door with a gun because a 6 year old rang the doorbell you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.

Hop on NextDoor. Guarantee all of our communities are full of people posting threatening garbage like this on a daily basis (mine certainly is). Just yesterday I saw someone ranting about a lane of traffic being blocked by someone who was changing their tire. Now, is blocking traffic due to a flat tire a great idea? Of course not. Then again, this was in a quiet residential neighborhood about a quarter mile from an elementary school in the middle of the day, so...pretty low impact.

First comment: "They're lucky I wasn't in one of the cars that couldn't get through. My Glock and I would have persuaded them to move."

Back