Political Discussion

Here is an other reason the cost of healthcare is soaring.

Hospitals and healthcare systems are a favorite target of ransom ware. Just this last week New Jersey's largest hospital system paid a ransom (article above).

Hospitals are easy targets because most are running very out dated infrastructure and are not up to date on security? Why you may ask? Short term profits for the share holders. They choose not to invest in updated systems and security when they should be. They run the cost calculation, and it's a wash between paying the ransom or upgrading their systems. So they take the chance that they will not get hit with a ransom and turn greater profit for the share holders.

But ransom ware attacks are becoming so frequent it is something they should not turn a blind eye too.

Especially when it shutters hospitals or days when hit.

Here is an other reason the cost of healthcare is soaring.

Hospitals and healthcare systems are a favorite target of ransom ware. Just this last week New Jersey's largest hospital system paid a ransom (article above).

Hospitals are easy targets because most are running very out dated infrastructure and are not up to date on security? Why you may ask? Short term profits for the share holders. They choose not to invest in updated systems and security when they should be. They run the cost calculation, and it's a wash between paying the ransom or upgrading their systems. So they take the chance that they will not get hit with a ransom and turn greater profit for the share holders.

But ransom ware attacks are becoming so frequent it is something they should not turn a blind eye too.

Especially when it shutters hospitals or days when hit.

Yep...we just upgraded our login process for this reason. To log in to Epic (the patient chart software we use) and the network, we now have RF badge readers, instead of passwords.

Yep...we just upgraded our login process for this reason. To log in to Epic (the patient chart software we use) and the network, we now have RF badge readers, instead of passwords.
Do you have to use a password with the badge reader? We do. A real smart terrorist would hit EPIC, mist major US medical facilities use it now.

Do you have to use a password with the badge reader? We do. A real smart terrorist would hit EPIC, mist major US medical facilities use it now.

Yeah. First log in of the shift. Sometimes one more sometime through the night it may reset, but i haven't had it happen to me. They just changed to these a week or so ago, so they may still be tweaking it.

Yeah. First log in of the shift. Sometimes one more sometime through the night it may reset, but i haven't had it happen to me. They just changed to these a week or so ago, so they may still be tweaking it.
Sounds right. It shouldn’t make you do it again, unless you let it idle for more than six hours. I’m all over the hospital so I pretty much have to do it every time because the counter is set by the unit here.

we're probably going to start WWIII

we are all going to die

2020 already is hell

please... i am paranoid.. i dont wanna be drafted.. i dont wanna die

we're probably going to start WWIII

we are all going to die

2020 already is hell

please... i am paranoid.. i dont wanna be drafted.. i dont wanna die
I'm sitting here worrying as well, all I've been able to think about all morning, BUT I would like a second to point out that we don't have the same alliance-treaty-round-robin that was what caused the first World War and I don't think either Iran or US have the capacity or will to generate a Nazi war machine. The next few weeks are going to go fast n' "fun" while we see where this is headed but I don't think it's going to be a World War. Not exactly a relief, the phrase, seriously uttered, "don't think it'll be a World War," but it's all I can think to say at this moment. Also worth noting that Trump called the strike without congress approval and was just impeached. If America had it's shit together we might be able to put the blame to him, as it should be, arguments of civil apathy and Republican hard-lining notwithstanding, and hopefully be spared the worst of it, but that is VERY wishful thinking.

Wow.

A UN Rights Expert has stated that Soleimani's killing was 'most likely unlawful'.

There is a lot of speculation that the United States likely violated International Law with this attack.

Also, top Democratic leaders were kept in the dark about this attack. The Trump administration apparently only shared information with the top Republican leaders.

Expect Oil / Gas prices to spike in the short term.

CNN is saying the killing of Iran's intelligence chief at best could stop short of all-out war with Iran.

On NBC this morning, and export said expect Iran to retaliate. And mentioned don't just expect conventional warfare. Expect cyber warfare. Iran is one of the top 5 capable countries in the world at being able to carry out cyber warfare.

They could hit or financial system or power grid or a many number of different things.

Last edited:
Back