Political Discussion

I have a master's degree in statistics.
I don't think it matters how much education this person has. They are willing to be at someone's house 24/7.

So $16k x 12 is $192k

That’s €165k

That’s more than double my salary and I thought I was doing kinda ok 😂

That’s a lot of money for any job! That said they’re looking after the shitty kids of rich arseholes so it’s hardly going to be a fun job!

So $16k x 12 is $192k

That’s €165k

That’s more than double my salary and I thought I was doing kinda ok 😂

That’s a lot of money for any job! That said they’re looking after the shitty kids of rich arseholes so it’s hardly going to be a fun job!
I guess it boils down to would you rather deal with lawyers part time or millionaire kids full time.

I guess it boils down to would you rather deal with lawyers part time or millionaire kids full time.

Hahaha! Well we still have the dual legal professions here. Solicitors in firms dealing with clients and barristers working as advocates in court.

The biggest problem with the bar, and the reason I practice in the service of the state and don’t practice at the bar, is that you need to have a degree of independent means to make it because it’s self employed and so you earn nothing until you reach a level and a number of contacts that you actually earn any money. That’s typically about 5 years. So the bar is almost exclusively millionaire rich kids, and a few really talented ridiculously hard working people. They’re the worst!

I have a master's degree in statistics.
I don't think it matters how much education this person has. They are willing to be at someone's house 24/7.

Y - my advanced degree definitely hasn't led to financial well-being.

I would happily nanny in NYC for that money, but I'm guessing they're not hiring a nanny that looks like this:

Cover_Photo_with_Title_1898x.jpg

I missed my chance to be a pool boy many moons ago

Y - my advanced degree definitely hasn't led to financial well-being.

I would happily nanny in NYC for that money, but I'm guessing they're not hiring a nanny that looks like this:

View attachment 114857

I missed my chance to be a pool boy many moons ago

The only time you will see this many naked dad bods in one place is, ironically, during a pride march.

This is scary in so many ways and is a huge wtf to me.

Does the governor not understand that viewing the source code of a web page involves no hacking or decoding?

Missouri Governor Mike Parson wants to prosecute a journalist who warned the state that a government website left school teachers and administrators' Social Security numbers exposed.
Parson called St Louis. Post-Dispatch reporter Josh Renaud a “hacker” and vowed to seek criminal prosecution at a press conference on Thursday. Renaud's "crime?" Clicking "view source" on a publicly available webpage.
“The state does not take this matter lightly,” Parson said, according to the Missouri Independent. “This administration is standing up against any and all perpetrators who attempt to steal personal information and harm Missourians.”

This reminds me of the journalists who published the wealth tax returns to show that they pay no taxes. Our government is more interested in prosecuting the whistleblowers than resolving the issues.

This is scary in so many ways and is a huge wtf to me.

Does the governor not understand that viewing the source code of a web page involves no hacking or decoding?

This reminds me of the journalists who published the wealth tax returns to show that they pay no taxes. Our government is more interested in prosecuting the whistleblowers than resolving the issues.

Oh, wow, is this totally uninformed. Yeah, viewing source code <> hacking.

A really sad day for British democracy. That’s the second MP murdered at a constituency clinic in the last 5 years.

Apt time in our ever polarised world to remember that whatever their politics no one deserves this and that people are more important than politics.

A really sad day for British democracy. That’s the second MP murdered at a constituency clinic in the last 5 years.

Apt time in our ever polarised world to remember that whatever their politics no one deserves this and that people are more important than politics.

My first thought was, “how did the murder get into the operating room?”

This “surgery” thing is actually a really cool tradition.

My first thought was, “how did the murder get into the operating room?”

This “surgery” thing is actually a really cool tradition.

Yeah one of the few positives of first past the post is that every community has a specific MP so they need to have an office in the constituency and be seen to be involved in local politics. Hopefully these kind of incidents lead to increased security for MPs rather than then end to this.

Yeah one of the few positives of first past the post is that every community has a specific MP so they need to have an office in the constituency and be seen to be involved in local politics. Hopefully these kind of incidents lead to increased security for MPs rather than then end to this.

It reminds me of Delaware where I grew up. Our rep went to the church that my Grandmom attended. There was one time when she accosted him after the service and gave him hell about some funny business he was doing with switching plates on his government issued car.

It reminds me of Delaware where I grew up. Our rep went to the church that my Grandmom attended. There was one time when she accosted him after the service and gave him hell about some funny business he was doing with switching plates on his government issued car.

Delaware still has that small town feel. My dad lives about 5 minutes from Biden’s house and a block or two from a state assembly rep.

Back