Political Discussion

The best detail about it is that they were in a white castle parking lot. I mean of all the potential fast food restaurants one can choose to eat at / brawl... even if the fight and gun play didn't happen they should have been removed from the bench for choosing to ingest white castle.

Also you have to be pretty drunk and stupid to not be allowed to pay the cover charge to enter the red garter.... more like black and blue garter amirite?

View attachment 22534

They should change the name to honor Judge Bell. Something like the Bellend Exotic Affair

I mean, the whole night is begging for a movie on Comedy Central or something. The details that are known are just too juicy. And the details that are not revealed are probably even more delightful. Amy Schumer should be cast as Judge Bell.

I mean, the whole night is begging for a movie on Comedy Central or something. The details that are known are just too juicy. And the details that are not revealed are probably even more delightful. Amy Schumer should be cast as Judge Bell.

with Danny McBride and Walton Goggins playing the other 2 and John Leguizamo as the shooter

Honestly I was not paying too much attention during the Obama years, but he sold out.

YUP. His comments are a case study into when to use the phrase "Ok Boomer" (even when said person isn't a boomer). Dude doesn't seem to reason that he is a large part of THE reason that younger generations want to overhaul the system... because we saw him completely sell out to the 1% and corporate elite once he was in office.

Let me preface this by saying, this isn't about any of the posts above. I personally think Obama "sold-out" long before he was ever elected president and was confused why anybody thought that the system was going to be fundamentally changed when he was elected. His election was significant but what he has said is just a symptom of a larger issue.

Here's a few reasons why "OK Boomer" is dumb AF... "OK millennial" is dumb AF too:

1. It's hurting the movement.
People can blame "Boomers" all they want for being ignorant, which is often-times very real, but blaming people of a certain generation (and in some cases anyone who simply has a differing take) for the reality that is present-day America is incredibly short-sighted and playing right into the hands of the people that actually are at fault for everyone's financial and emotional desperation.

Any movement that is or at least wants to think of itself as revolutionary that isn't inclusive and takes a separatist approach is doomed to fail if dependent on votes and doomed to authoritarianism if dependent on weapons.

There are real reasons that people have fears about the installation of centrist-European ideas in America. The fears might be viewed as unfounded by those slinging dumb-labels about, but the fear is no less real, a name-calling is usually not a sound method for building the support necessary for the movement to be successful. Every youthful person thinks they are smarter than the people that came before them, and they thankfully are!, but to simply discredit the experience of the people that came before is irresponsible particularly when those folks make-up a significant portion of the population and are living longer and longer.

The people that are literally banking on the backs of the regular working people of America support the status-quo and the status-quo remains because we get caught-up bickering and blaming each other instead of setting our sights on the individuals and institutions that profit off of us. If the best argument we can make is "it's your fault my life sucks" to our fellow peons those who are blinded by what their text-books, media outlets, police leadership, and religion conditions them to believe will continue to be manipulated and we will all continue to lose.

We are getting caught-up in narratives about being "left" enough instead of focusing on the moves people are making while we're bickering.

Last edited:
Let me preface this by saying, this isn't about any of the posts above. I personally think Obama "sold-out" long before he was ever elected president and was confused why anybody thought that the system was going to be fundamentally changed when he was elected. His election was significant but what he has said is just a symptom of a larger issue.

Here's a few reasons why "OK Boomer" is dumb AF... "OK millennial" is dumb AF too:

People can blame "Boomers" all they want for being ignorant, which is often-times very real, but blaming people of a certain generation (and in some cases anyone who simply has a differing take) for the reality that is present-day America is incredibly short-sighted and playing right into the hands of the people that actually are at fault for everyone's financial and emotional desperation.

Any movement that is or at least wants to think of itself as revolutionary that isn't inclusive and takes a separatist approach is doomed to fail if dependent on votes and doomed to authoritarianism if dependent on weapons.

There are real reasons that people have fears about the installation of centrist-European ideas in America. The fears might be viewed as unfounded by those slinging dumb-labels about, but the fear is no less real, a name-calling is usually not a sound method for building the support necessary for the movement to be successful. Every youthful person thinks they are smarter than the people that came before them, and they thankfully are!, but too simply discredit the experience of the people that came before is irresponsible particularly when those folks make-up a significant portion of the population and are living longer and longer.

The people that are literally banking on the backs of the regular working people of America support the status-quo and the status-quo remains because we get caught-up bickering and blaming each other instead of setting our sights on the individuals and institutions that profit off of us. If the best argument we can make is "it's your fault my life sucks" to our fellow peons those who are blinded by what their text-books, media outlets, police leadership, and religion conditions them to believe will continue to be manipulated and we will all continue to lose.

We are getting caught-up in narratives about being "left" enough instead of focusing on the moves people are making while we're bickering.

Where is 2??

I'm just waiting for an OK Boomer to be lobbed at me. So I can respond that I'm a Gen Xer and you can thank my generation for grunge!!!! ;)

Where is 2??

I'm just waiting for an OK Boomer to be lobbed at me. So I can respond that I'm a Gen Xer and you can thank my generation for grunge!!!! ;)
I saw a Meme yesterday that was along the lines of Next time you get caught up in OK Boomer vs OK Millennial just remember there's a generation in between that hates you both. It gave me a chuckle.

Where is 2??

lol - i meant to remove the 1. I numbered the paragraphs at first but then realized I was just saying the same thing over and over again.
Y - someone lobbed it at me yesterday, which is pretty funny because I'm almost certainly more politically, socially, and economically leftist than 90% of people.

There are real reasons that people have fears about the installation of centrist-European ideas in America. The fears might be viewed as unfounded by those slinging dumb-labels about, but the fear is no less real, a name-calling is usually not a sound method for building the support necessary for the movement to be successful. Every youthful person thinks they are smarter than the people that came before them, and they thankfully are!, but to simply discredit the experience of the people that came before is irresponsible particularly when those folks make-up a significant portion of the population and are living longer and longer.

As usual, I don't disagree with much of anything you say. But I think it's important to point out that A) the media has been slinging mud at my generation for a full decade now while doing their best to deflect away from the economic realities that we face B) this whole thing was triggered by a babbling Boomer's rant on how dumb younger generations are and C) there is very legitimate anger from people under 40 or so (38 is the cutoff for millenials) over a plethora of issues (Biden leading in the polls, climate change, Trump, economic inequality) and this is our way of venting.

I do agree, however, that coalition building is vital to change and that this is not productive to that. Same time, Boomers seem intent on repeating the mistakes of the past while talking down to everyone else. So frankly, we have been at a point of generational warfare for awhile now. Sanders/Warren vs. Biden/Pete (neither of whom poll above 10% with people under 38) is living, breathing proof of that.

It's also worth noting that it is generation Z and not millennials who are responsible for OK Boomer. And considering they are the same generation that has finally figured out how to mobilize over climate change, I'm not gonna hold it against them.

Where is 2??

Ok, Karen ;)

Last edited:
As usual, I don't disagree with much of anything you say. But I think it's important to point out that A) the media has been slinging mud at my generation for a full decade now while doing their best to deflect away from the economic realities that we face B) this whole thing was triggered by a babbling Boomer's rant on how dumb younger generations are and C) there is very legitimate anger from people under 40 or so (38 is the cutoff for millenials) over a plethora of issues (Biden leading in the polls, climate change, Trump, economic inequality) and this is our way of venting.

I do agree, however, that coalition building is vital to change and that this is not productive to that. Same time, Boomers seem intent on repeating the mistakes of the past while talking down to everyone else. So frankly, we have been at a point of generational warfare for awhile now. Sanders/Warren vs. Biden/Pete (neither of whom poll above 10% with people under 38) is living, breathing proof of that.

It's also worth noting that it is generation Z and not millennials who are responsible for OK Boomer. And considering they are the same generation that has finally figured out how to mobilize over climate change, I'm not gonna hold it against them.

Ok, Karen ;)
OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!! Lol.

Worth watching:

For those who don't know- Tabbai is a longtime writer for Rolling Stone with a brazen writing style and progressive ideology. They talk Epstein and the death of journalism among other things:

Ok, Karen ;)

I mean yes, but isn't this just history repeating itself. I'm somewhere on that gen-x gen-y cusp and the economic reality for me, coming from modest means, with some racially-based privilege, seemed just as dire when Gen-Zers were just being born. I'm sure it's worse in some ways today, student debt for instance was bad for me but my interest rates were not as bad as those that started after me, but the "good jobs" have been next to non-existent for decades and the impacts of climate change (while becoming more obvious) were well underway by the late 90's.

Again Yes - there's some shit to be angry about specific to today, but these problems are not new and many of us have been promoting the ideas that Gen-Z or whomever have co-opted for longer than I've been alive. Old people always think young people are stupid and vice versa. It's part of baseline human idiocy, but the idea that Boomers are worse than the people before them and whatever aged younger people are somehow smarter about this shit than the people that came before them is absolute folly - and everyone is doing themselves and "the movement" a dis-service by thinking they've figured something out that no-one has before. Know thy history blah blah blah.

The whole thing may have been triggered by an idiot "boomer" but there are plenty of idiot z's, y's or whatever now using it in a way that's about that separatism / I'm smarter than you thing.

and the media thing is exactly what I'm talking about... allowing these narratives to be set by the people that seek to divide to keep us weak . Who gives af who said what? or if young people are perceiving bullying or some shit by older people or the media. It isn't an excuse to lose sight of the goal if there is one.

I've seen this over and over again. Young people are pissed, old people are trying to protect themselves, and everybody loses. It sucks and it's why (in part) nothing ever changes. Generational warfare is a long-standing tradition in this country. Sometimes I wonder what the ex-hippy yuppies of the future will look like. Will they wear turtle-necks and drive electric SUVs and listen to indie-rock?

If you make it to middle-age and then old-age in this life you spend decades hearing and seeing the same shit. People being taken advantage of, the desperate becoming more desperate, the boom and bust of global capitalism - all of the harm. You see old people get blamed, poor people get blamed, young people get blamed, Republicans, Democrats, heathens, labels, stereotypes, more blah.... what you don't see is those people actually identifying their shared interest, which is to not get fucked over all of the time, and to have what you're promised by the country, an equal opportunity to succeed.

I just don't know why we waste our time on it.

Last edited:
Back