Political Discussion

Yep. All I ever hear from Republicans and Libertarians is them bitching about how much in taxes they pay and how they want government out of their lives but their cool with government outlawing abortion because that’s different. I can say for as long as I live I’ll never vote for a Republican. Not even for dog catcher.
This is totally true, and I think it’s why the Dems need to stress not that Trump hasn’t been paying, but that Trump has been getting handouts from the government that his supporters have been paying for. He didn’t stick it to the man; he stuck it to YOU.

This is totally true, and I think it’s why the Dems need to stress not that Trump hasn’t been paying, but that Trump has been getting handouts from the government that his supporters have been paying for. He didn’t stick it to the man; he stuck it to YOU.
All these talking points need to be pushed on all those thinking 3rd party or not voting, its wasted on his base. There was a time I thought they were brain washed, but I think the reality is they're reflections of his mind set, so they're living vicariously through his "Power" and the mentality of "working the system" whether they admit it or not.

I had to check twice to make sure this wasn’t a spoof:

Parscale was publicly demoted a while back, but it seems like this would be a *really bad thing* for your former campaign manager to do on the day a story like this one comes out.
Not saying they’re related incidents. I have no idea. But damn.

I had to check twice to make sure this wasn’t a spoof:

Parscale was publicly demoted a while back, but it seems like this would be a *really bad thing* for your former campaign manager to do on the day a story like this one comes out.
Not saying they’re related incidents. I have no idea. But damn.
And also it goes without saying he is clearly dealing with some mental health issues. While I have nothing but competent for him politically I do hope he gets the help he needs.

Amy Coney Barrett is on her way to DC. The senate is expected to proceed with the confirmation hearing this week. The official vote for her confirmation is scheduled for October 12th.

Democratic leadership says they are virtually powerless to stop this.

They are but don’t act like fools in the hearings, then just retake the Senate and pack the courts, that’s how you do it.

They are but don’t act like fools in the hearings, then just retake the Senate and pack the courts, that’s how you do it.

But do they have the guts to do it? They seem divided on the issue, with some thinking it's a dangerous precedent that if they set it, the republicans will retaliate and all the resemblance of normalcy with our government will be gone. That it could be the end of the our democratic experiment as we know it.

But do they have the guts to do it? They seem divided on the issue, with some thinking it's a dangerous precedent that if they set it, the republicans will retaliate and all the resemblance of normalcy with our government will be gone. That it could be the end of the our democratic experiment as we know it.
Uh, you mean like it already is?

Uh, you mean like it already is?

Yes, the Republicans already went there.

The fear is if the Democrats go there as well our government will forever be different.

The Democrats can't win by playing by the rules with the Republicans. And if we don't play by the rules the Republicans will only play more unfair and a dangerous spiral of power abuse could ensue.

Demonstrating to voters that you are willing to fight as hard as possible and use every available tool at hand in order to resist an outcome that you have, for years, told those voters is an Armageddon-level worst-case scenario might just be a good way to retake the Senate. Perhaps even a necessary precursor to it.

Yes, the Republicans already went there.

The fear is if the Democrats go there as well our government will forever be different.

The Democrats can't win by playing by the rules with the Republicans. And if we don't play by the rules the Republicans will only play more unfair and a dangerous spiral of power abuse could ensue.
And if we do play by the rules, the Republicans will only play more unfair and a dangerous spiral of power abuse could ensue.

Republicans claim that their various anti-Democratic shenanigans are a proportionate response to some equal and opposite extremism on the left, and that explanation has a deep appeal to a lot of Americans (and especially a lot of Americans who work in the media). But it ain’t true.

And if we do play by the rules, the Republicans will only play more unfair and a dangerous spiral of power abuse could ensue.

Republicans claim that their various anti-Democratic shenanigans are a proportionate response to some equal and opposite extremism on the left, and that explanation has a deep appeal to a lot of Americans (and especially a lot of Americans who work in the media). But it ain’t true.

Nope, none of it is true.

Remember in 2016 where they said a liberal on the SCOTUS would be a danger to our democracy? And that is why they must block Obama's nominee and wait until after the election to act?

Liberals also mean the end of capitalism if you listen to them. They will take away the American Dream and personal choice.

Back