Political Discussion

There is currently a bill being debated for DC statehood. And good old Tom Cotton is being Tom Cotton.

Tom Cotton does not believe DC offers any value to the United States in terms of industry. And the push for DC Statehood is pure and simple. For democrats to get 2 more seats in the senate. Which is exactly why DC should not become a state so the balance of power can be maintained.

DC has a higher population than the state of Wyoming. And i's population should be represented.

Last edited:
Looks like the GOP will not vote on the bill to make DC a state that passed the house yesterday. The bill has next to zero support from Republicans.

And if by chance it does, Trump has already publicly said he would veto it if it were to pass the senate.

So, let me get this straight, Republicans have been surprising votes for years to maintain the balance of power between red and blue and not what people actually vote for.

But the prospect of a new state and more senate seats that might be blue must be stopped because that's democrats manufacturing seats in the senate rather than them going out there and winning elections?

Give me a break, DC residence should be represented. We should be doing what's best for the people of Washington DC. Not make this political and be like we can't have this because it will give the democrats more seats.

I take it the Republicans would only ever allow a new state if it's Red. Any Blue State would be blocked.

I say again, how is this man still ALLOWED to be the Commander and Chief? Makes me crazy.

I know we are just biding our time til November, but I think he's gonna get so much worse in those 2 months til January - I'm sure he and the GOP will try to do whatever they can to illegitimatize the election.

They have already started with their anti mail-in voting. As an Oregorian - even the Republicans here love mail-in voting. It is actually more secure than in-person voting. Voting machines are much easier to hack to steal votes on a mass scale.

Mail in fraud isn't a mass scale type of thing. It's one or 2 votes...random. Usually by someone that doesn't know they can't vote....or a right-winger trying to prove that it mail-in voting can be "hacked" - but get caught rather easily - essentially proving themselves wrong.

I know we are just biding our time til November, but I think he's gonna get so much worse in those 2 months til January - I'm sure he and the GOP will try to do whatever they can to illegitimatize the election.

They have already started with their anti mail-in voting. As an Oregorian - even the Republicans here love mail-in voting. It is actually more secure than in-person voting. Voting machines are much easier to hack to steal votes on a mass scale.

Mail in fraud isn't a mass scale type of thing. It's one or 2 votes...random. Usually by someone that doesn't know they can't vote....or a right-winger trying to prove that it mail-in voting can be "hacked" - but get caught rather easily - essentially proving themselves wrong.
What concerns me is the potential threat of violence at polling sites. A bunch of white guys with their guns showing up at primarily minority voting sites under the guise of “monitoring voting violations” is a legit possibiltiy.

What concerns me is the potential threat of violence at polling sites. A bunch of white guys with their guns showing up at primarily minority voting sites under the guise of “monitoring voting violations” is a legit possibiltiy.

Yeah, that's a very scary thought. It may also scare people away from the polls.

Meanwhile at the heart of the black lives movement spreading around the country, police reform in Minnesota is going nowhere, and likely never will.

At the local level, Police Unions are blocking any type of reform.

At the state level partisanship is ruling the day. The state house is controlled by democrats and the state senate by republicans. The republicans in the state senate are failing to move any bills or engage in them. They are against any type of reform to the police and are opposing any bill the democrats send their way.

At the federal level the same partisanship is taking place when it comes to police reform bills. The house pass a sweeping reform this past Thursday prohibiting choke holds and racial profiling. The Senate is not expected to even consider the bill and Trump is expected to veto it. Republicans countered with their own police reform bill that does nothing to address racial profiling or choke holds. It more effectively protects the police. The republican bill did not have enough support in the Senate to pass the senate and go to the house.

Reference: https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/28/politics/floyd-police-reform-unlikely/index.html

I'm sure he and the GOP will try to do whatever they can to illegitimatize the election.
I have a theory that he'll spend that time making noise about how he thinks that maybe his loss wasn't legitimate, and about how maybe he won't leave, but days (or hours) before the inauguration, he'll just take off and not attend the inauguration at all.

And then we'll deal with 4 years of loony conspiracies about how since there was no "transfer" of power, Donald Trump is actually still the president.

And you'll get occasional clips of Trump saying things inflammatory things like "I didn't refuse to leave, I said I was THINKING about not leaving" and "people keep saying you still can't indict me for anything since I'm still the president and they just may be right" and "We had the best transfer, nobody transfers more beautifullly or more strongly, it was the most successful transfer in the history of America, but they come to me and say Sir, you're still our president, and I don't know, maybe I am, but I think we transferred very well, and if we didn't or Biden didn't get the transfer, then maybe I'm your Florida president and he's your Fake president."

And papers like NYT will be consumed with columns from the likes of Bret Stephens looking at the possibility of immunity for people who refuse to stop being president, and suddenly the gates of reality will be shifted once again.

Or something like that.

Last edited:
Last edited:
OMG, this country. Again, I continue to struggle with how blind people can be, I'll be the first to say the Dems aren't really doing anything to make me feel better, but if you have cancer, you take the cancer out no matter what, you know it's bad, regardless of the "Type" of cancer it it, right?

Yesterday I posted the transcript from his Town Hall on Fox, he was asked what his plans were for another term, a softball question for just about anyone running for office, but no, Trump being Trump, spun a response that would have made a pretzel jealous and inevitably didn't answer the question in any way shape or form.

106494351_10222893470035187_2824944554485459221_n.jpg

These are the responses I gotta deal with from Trump-Lovin' "Friends"
1593365382510.png

OMG, this country. Again, I continue to struggle with how blind people can be, I'll be the first to say the Dems aren't really doing anything to make me feel better, but if you have cancer, you take the cancer out no matter what, you know it's bad, regardless of the "Type" of cancer it it, right?

Yesterday I posted the transcript from his Town Hall on Fox, he was asked what his plans were for another term, a softball question for just about anyone running for office, but no, Trump being Trump, spun a response that would have made a pretzel jealous and inevitably didn't answer the question in any way shape or form.

View attachment 54181

These are the responses I gotta deal with from Trump-Lovin' "Friends"
View attachment 54179

What's that person's facebook image? An eagle with some sort of shield? Just wondering what that symbolizes. It might be nothing but eagles and shields have a pretty sketchy history particularly if it's German or Polish related.

Also, when they attacked Obama for being a muslim and when they attack whomever comes after Trump please point out what a hypocrite they are. It won't do any good... but it will really rub them the wrong way to know just how correct you are.

Back