Political Discussion

Yeah, I am tired of conspiracy theories. I have known people that would do this type of shit for no other reason than they could Get away with it. I am sure he as some rational based off of some crazy internet conspiracy shit that has rotted his mind. I do not believe the Police or George Soros had anything to do with it but this video will surely be used as evidence by the internet extremes to show how the fix is in. I hope they find the guy and toss him jail but until then everyone is going to go wild with speculation.
I hear you and I certainly hope that you're correct, I would take no satisfaction to learn for certain that this guy is/was a cop stirring the pot. I'm also sorry for spreading potential misinformation, you're right in that it isn't a good look.

I support this 100% I know where NOT to spend my money (not like I will be going to bars in the near future anyhow). I feel bad for the staff though. Hopefully they have other employment options.

I support this 100% I know where NOT to spend my money (not like I will be going to bars in the near future anyhow). I feel bad for the staff though. Hopefully they have other employment options.
Great place to go if you want to hang out with a bunch of not very smart people (to put it gently).🤔

Third degree murder and manslaughter.

I guess it is better than nothing.

But there was nothing manslaughtery about his actions. I would not be surprised if he plead out or merely got probation for those charges.
it's bullshit. I do understand that there is a greater chance of conviction with third degree than first or second, but seriously what the fuck?!

it's bullshit. I do understand that there is a greater chance of conviction with third degree than first or second, but seriously what the fuck?!
First is premeditated murder. That would be fairly hard to prove. Second degree is still with malice and forethought that you are killing someone, Third degrees murder IS manslaughter the difference here I believe is Voluntary Manslaughter vs Involuntary Manslaughter. These are probably the right charges. the cop is a piece of shit but I doubt he thought his actions would result in this poor souls death.

Last edited:
First is premeditated murder. That would be fairly hard to prove. Second degree is still with malice and forethought that you are killing someone, Third degrees murder IS manslaughter the difference here I believe is Voluntary Manslaughter vs Involuntary Manslaughter. These are probably the right charges. the cop is a piece of shit but I doubt we thought his actions would result in this poor souls death.
I understand that first and second degree would be harder to convict, and the worst thing would be this guy and the others getting off for murder, but let's not act surprised when a knee on the neck for nearly 10 minutes results in death.

First is premeditated murder. That would be fairly hard to prove. Second degree is still with malice and forethought that you are killing someone, Third degrees murder IS manslaughter the difference here I believe is Voluntary Manslaughter vs Involuntary Manslaughter. These are probably the right charges. the cop is a piece of shit but I doubt we thought his actions would result in this poor souls death.
Each state has differing burdens and classifications of murder/killing. I have not looked into Minnesota's. But I believe you when you say 3rd degree is manslaughter in Minnesota.

I would NEVER prosecute (I've interned at a large city's DA office and left within weeks because of how corrupt it was) but I actually could make an exception in this case. Malice and forethought can be seconds. One could argue, that at that last 2.5 minute mark that George was unconscious and every person there was telling that evil SOB that he was unconscious, his malice and aforethought kicked in right then and there and remained for the final 2 mins of the video. Easily. At any point in those last 2 minutes, he could have merely lifted his knee. He was continually deciding to leave his knee on George's neck. One could also argue that the moment he put his knee on George's neck in what is known as an unsafe maneuver, and then left it on his neck for 9 minutes, anything after say the first 30 seconds was with malice and forethought. One could also argue that his history of 18 complaints and his involvement in other officer shootings shows malice and forethought.

I'm not saying those are airtight arguments. But start there and allow the jury to then tell you didn't meet the burden of proof for 1st or 2nd degree and then and only then settle for 3rd.

3rd is a slap on the wrist.

I don't know man. Continuing to smash someone's neck into the ground while they are begging and pleading and telling you they can't breathe, then continuing to do it after they fall unconscious makes it pretty hard to say he didn't mean for him to die.

I'm not sure what you mean by forethought, but my understanding is second degree means intent but no premeditation. It seemed intentional to me.

I thought third meant you meant to hurt the person (or do whatever you did), but you didn't mean for them to die.

I'm no lawyer though, so someone please educate me if I don't have it straight.

Each state has differing burdens and classifications of murder/killing. I have not looked into Minnesota's. But I believe you when you say 3rd degree is manslaughter in Minnesota.

I would NEVER prosecute (I've interned at a large city's DA office and left within weeks because of how corrupt it was) but I actually could make an exception in this case. Malice and forethought can be seconds. One could argue, that at that last 2.5 minute mark that George was unconscious and every person there was telling that evil SOB that he was unconscious, his malice and aforethought kicked in right then and there and remained for the final 2 mins of the video. Easily. At any point in those last 2 minutes, he could have merely lifted his knee. He was continually deciding to leave his knee on George's neck. One could also argue that the moment he put his knee on George's neck in what is known as an unsafe maneuver, and then left it on his neck for 9 minutes, anything after say the first 30 seconds was with malice and forethought. One could also argue that his history of 18 complaints and his involvement in other officer shootings shows malice and forethought.

I'm not saying those are airtight arguments. But start there and allow the jury to then tell you didn't meet the burden of proof for 1st or 2nd degree and then and only then settle for 3rd.

3rd is a slap on the wrist.
I would agree with all of this, I think second would be a slam dunk if he weren’t a cop. Even still your point still hold that tape is SUPER damning. I think I heard he had his knee on dudes neck for damn near 9 (NINE!..WTF!!!) minutes. Also, everyone around him is voicing their concern about the mans well being. The recording definitely work against the cop.

Last edited:
I don't know man. Continuing to smash someone's neck into the ground while they are begging and pleading and telling you they can't breathe, then continuing to do it after they fall unconscious makes it pretty hard to say he didn't mean for him to die.

I'm not sure what you mean by forethought, but my understanding is second degree means intent but no premeditation. It seemed intentional to me.

I thought third meant you meant to hurt the person (or do whatever you did), but you didn't mean for them to die.

I'm no lawyer though, so someone please educate me if I don't have it straight.
You got it. It's the continuing part. Well, also that that maneuver is known to be dangerous. But also, George saying he can't breath. George no longer moving. People saying there is blood coming from his nose. People saying he is unconscious. And that SOB continuing to kneel on his neck. That is intent. That is malice. That is forethought.

Would a reasonable person, in the same situation, with their knee on a man's neck, that has lost consciousness, with people telling you he's unconscious, would a reasonable person think this would result in death? Yes.

Back