Political Discussion

Can you imagine wanting 4 more years of this bullshit?

Tell me about it.

We also have Trump saying that Minneapolis lacks leadership and control. He also warned the mayor that the US 'will assume control; shoot looters if needed'.

So we have a bunch of angry protesters looting, likely many of which are minorities, and Trump wants to call in the Military and shoot them.

I'm not saying that for sure this guy is Jacob Pederson or a cop, though based on pictures and info coming out I would believe it, but I am saying this dude isn't down with the protests and something stinks really bad here..

Tell me about it.

We also have Trump saying that Minneapolis lacks leadership and control. He also warned the mayor that the US 'will assume control; shoot looters if needed'.

So we have a bunch of angry protesters looting, likely many of which are minorities, and Trump wants to call in the Military and shoot them.
This will start a war. He has to see that. He can't be that stupid, can he? Or is that exactly what he wants?

I'm not saying that for sure this guy is Jacob Pederson or a cop, though based on pictures and info coming out I would believe it, but I am saying this dude isn't down with the protests and something stinks really bad here..

Y, this video that has been making the rounds has not been played at all by local media. The StP police did respond saying that he was not one of theirs.... Whether this person is a stare agent or not they were certainly organized.

About 170 businesses were looted last night in StP. Several fires and another auto parts store burned down. Fire sirens going off still as i type

Tell me about it.

When Trump tweeted that the National Guard were already on the ground and had been called in earlier in the day. He also used the term "THUGS" to dog whistle the dog whistled. Twitter took it down for violating terms but not before it made the rounds.

I HATE speculative internet sleuthing. My assumption is it’s a nut job using the chaos of the protest as cover to destroy property. It could be a cop, it could be Antifa, it could be a Anarchist but I really I am not gonna jump to some sinister underlying motives until there is more proof than a grainy photo of someone’s eyes. Social media can suck sometimes.

Last edited:
As someone living in Minneapolis for the past 10 years, it is sad to see our communities being burned to the ground. I could care less about the targets and us banks, but the local businesses being burnt down is truly sad. That being said, there is a reason all of this is happening. The community has reached a boiling point of years/decades of injustice and POC suffering because of that and the people that are putting down the looting need to realize that. Our Mayor ran on police department reform and that was one of the reasons I voted for him. I don't think he is doing a terrible job, but giving them a budget increase of $8 million this year is not the right look, n'or is it likely the right move. I truly hope that leadership in the police department is forced out of there because of this and people like Bob Kroll are forced out of the union, otherwise we won't see any meaningful change. As a white person, I can never know the pain that POC are going through right now, but I hope that my city can change because no one deserves to live in fear of the people that our put there to protect us.

I HATE speculative internet sleuthing. My assumption is it nut job using the chaos of the protest as cover to destroy property. It could be a cop, it could be Antifa, it could be a Anarchist but I really I am not gonna jump to some sinister underlying motives until there is more proof than a grainy photo of someone eyes. Social media can suck sometimes.
I definitely agree with you that I dislike internet sleuthing, and yes I understand that I have now participated in it. I am also not 100% convinced this dude is the cop that people are saying he is, or that he's a cop at all... though again as I said earlier it seems believable that he could be. where I would disagree with you is that I do believe there's something sinister about it, the guy is clearly not part of the other protesters and was going around smashing windows before anyone else, and when confronted by protesters he got angry, pushed a camera away, and if we're to believe eyewitness testimony, walked into the third precinct, which if true certainly doesn't seem like the actions a protester doing damage to local business would do.

I just can't get past the feeling there's something very wrong going on with this guy that goes far beyond simple destructive protesting. I know that a gut reaction is not evidence that something sinister is going on, but that's just where I'm at with this guy/video.

I definitely agree with you that I dislike internet sleuthing, and yes I understand that I have now participated in it. I am also not 100% convinced this dude is the cop that people are saying he is, or that he's a cop at all... though again as I said earlier it seems believable that he could be. where I would disagree with you is that I do believe there's something sinister about it, the guy is clearly not part of the other protesters and was going around smashing windows before anyone else, and when confronted by protesters he got angry, pushed a camera away, and if we're to believe eyewitness testimony, walked into the third precinct, which if true certainly doesn't seem like the actions a protester doing damage to local business would do.

I just can't get past the feeling there's something very wrong going on with this guy that goes far beyond simple destructive protesting. I know that a gut reaction is not evidence that something sinister is going on, but that's just where I'm at with this guy/video.
Yeah, I am tired of conspiracy theories. I have known people that would do this type of shit for no other reason than they could Get away with it. I am sure he as some rational based off of some crazy internet conspiracy shit that has rotted his mind. I do not believe the Police or George Soros had anything to do with it but this video will surely be used as evidence by the internet extremes to show how the fix is in. I hope they find the guy and toss him jail but until then everyone is going to go wild with speculation.

The buildings that were set ablaze in StP are in an area on a street where there is strong pressure to "redevelop" and the small business that were burned are all businesses where buyouts have been offered and/or likely to be coming in coming months/years. This is an area where a new MLS stadium was built recently and new apartments (density) has been slated to be built.

Maybe it's coincidence, maybe it isn't, maybe it's random, maybe it isn't. Regardless of the presence of state sanctioned disorder or not... these places are unlikely to be rebuilt and whatever replaces them is unlikely to be affordable for many of the people who live nearby.

Last edited:
Back