Pioneer PLX 1000 Questions

Hey! Thanks for the joining the forum!
View attachment 131064View attachment 131065

I live in a hundred year old building with wood floors, so isolation has always been a problem for me (and getting things level, hence the cardboard slice). After I got the PLX I was very unimpressed with the default feet, and most replacments seemed to be around the $200 range. That's when I found your products, and couldn't be more happy! The skipping issues I'd have are completely gone, plus they just look pretty snazzy.

Definitely recommended for PLX owners, one of the best mods to the table I've made.
That’s snazzy. I don’t have an isolation issue, but I might look into those just for the elevation (and added isolation insurance).

Hey! Thanks for the joining the forum!
View attachment 131064View attachment 131065

I live in a hundred year old building with wood floors, so isolation has always been a problem for me (and getting things level, hence the cardboard slice). After I got the PLX I was very unimpressed with the default feet, and most replacments seemed to be around the $200 range. That's when I found your products, and couldn't be more happy! The skipping issues I'd have are completely gone, plus they just look pretty snazzy.

Definitely recommended for PLX owners, one of the best mods to the table I've made.
Awesome! May I publish these photos on our product page with credit to @DJSJ ?

Can’t you level it without the cardboard? Just screw that foot out a bit?
You know I probably can, and I'll probably give that a shot today to see if I can get some better pictures.

When I was setting the table up it was just a nuisance with the uneven floors I have, and then I tried that piece of cardboard and voila, easy fix. Now might be the time to look for something more permanent.

depending how much lift that corner needs, I can mail you a flat nut, so you can locate that under the sorbo washer.
You're awesome, I'll definitely reach out and see if we can figure something out and get some clean pictures. Just been a bit under the weather through the weekend till now, but I'll reach out when I start feeling better.

Thank you so much! and Wow, impressed with your selection of components and shelving! You sir, have done your research :cool:

I'm often educating customers about the importance of furniture and shelving, made of substantial girth for audio equipment. You could spend $800 on isolation feet and they won't isolate all of the vibrations through an IKEA bookshelf. Most people don't think about that sorta thing, lol

With a new month starting, figured I’d switch out the Shure for the MasterTracker on my PLX1000 after having switched out the MP500 for the ART9xi on my main table.

The Shure V15 III w/Jico SAS has approx 75 hours on it and it still blows me away but want to make sure I rotate in the other carts.

The MasterTracker only has about 10 hours on it prior to me replacing it on the PDeck so still breaking in but look forward to hearing it for a while.

Love the versatility the PLX w/KAB dampener affords… Fun table. 4E6F10F2-9CD4-4D75-B3E2-6C14656A8F37.jpeg

With a new month starting, figured I’d switch out the Shure for the MasterTracker on my PLX1000 after having switched out the MP500 for the ART9xi on my main table.

The Shure V15 III w/Jico SAS has approx 75 hours on it and it still blows me away but want to make sure I rotate in the other carts.

The MasterTracker only has about 10 hours on it prior to me replacing it on the PDeck so still breaking in but look forward to hearing it for a while.

Love the versatility the PLX w/KAB dampener affords… Fun table. View attachment 134520
@AnthonyI has a PLX-1000 for sale at a great price with the KAB damper.

2 month old PLX1000 for sale in marketplace.. $750 includes KAB Damper, MNPCTech Feet (and original feet) as well as a Nagaoka MP110 Cartridge. Make me an offer if interested, would like to pass on to N&G member.

I’ve been using the KAB damper for a few months now. When is it recommended to change the fluid? Do I have to buy replacement fluid from KAB or are there other sources?

I’ve been using the KAB damper for a few months now. When is it recommended to change the fluid? Do I have to buy replacement fluid from KAB or are there other sources?
The viscosity isn’t going to break down. So I don’t see the need to ever change it unless the trough gets filled with dust and schmutz.

Back