Pink Floyd Appreciation

A lot of harsh mastering areas on this one. Particularly side 2 with the transition at end of Brain Damage.

I'll play the JP 73 copy again. But I know it sounded much more natural and floaty.

I must really appreciate PF. Grabbed a '73 US 2nd wally pressing off cogs for $20 today.
VG+ so I am not expecting much but the curiosity for an early US release is killing me.

And yes I am an addict 😀
Thanks for coming to my circle.

on the spendy side, but what isn't these days. signed and deluxe box set versions available, too.

“Pink Floyd – The Animals Tour – A Visual History” By Glenn Povey

if there is one tour/show i could go back in time to see, it would absolutely be pink floyd in 1977.

Animals
Meddle
Wish You Were Here
Dark Side
The Division Bell (hot take I know, I bonded early with David's guitar playing and sound on this record)

Speaking of, best readily available pressing of Animals? And to a lesser extent WYWH?

Animals
Meddle
Wish You Were Here
Dark Side
The Division Bell (hot take I know, I bonded early with David's guitar playing and sound on this record)

Speaking of, best readily available pressing of Animals? And to a lesser extent WYWH?
I really feel like Division Bell is quite underrated and overlooked. I never gave it a listen until a couple years ago and I was quite surprised how much I liked it

i've got a soft spot for division bell. i do think people appreciate it more now than when it came out. high hopes is probably the gilmour-era high point, and i feel the best songs are the lesser mentioned ones- cluster one, poles apart, wearing the inside out, lost for words. listening to the carnival section in poles apart in the surround mix is a trip.

For some reason, Animals seems to be the worst recording off the discography.
The music is great just seems subpar compared to the rest of their recordings.

a 5.1 mix is ready and has been for awhile but apparently roger and david squabbled over the liner notes or some shit and that was/is holding everything up.

if those really are the liner notes, they're terrible and david is right to not want them on there.

there's a cover sticker:

animals_sticker_mock.jpg

and at one point the tentative release date was june 2022 but here we are.

EDIT: ooooh, looks like the latest info has it at the end of the year, if aubrey 'po' powell is to be believed:

Does anyone know where to get a copy? I'm looking for a copy for a friend who is a huge fan/ collector and missed it
Available only yesterday and now sold out

Back