Phono Cartridges - Your favorites and least favorites?

I’d say medium mass. The cantilevers on the Clearaudio cartridges (made by A/T) are more like the 500/700 series than the VM95 series.
OK thanks. So far online when people replace the cantilever from their CA carts with AT ones, they actually use ones from the VM95 series and not with the ones from the 500/700 series. So I was just curious. I'm wondering if it would also work with the 500/700 series...

Erm, not sure on the differences between the 95ml and 740ml (carts right?) but when I compared the 540 and 740 main difference is supposed to be the metal body on the 740 which AT think gives a better performance resonance wise.

But what sold it for me was the ability to swap between the 40ml, 50sh and 60slc. I quite fancy trying a shibata at some point so being able to flit between stylus types sounded cool. I haven't actually done it but, you know, one day
Thanks. I was more interested by the difference between the 2 swappable styluses than the carts themselves. But @HiFi Guy provided the answer I was looking for. I plan to replace the AT stylus on a Clearaudio virtuoso, and was looking at the different offerings from AT. How do you like the microline stylus?

OK thanks. So far online when people replace the cantilever from their CA carts with AT ones, they actually use ones from the VM95 series and not with the ones from the 500/700 series. So I was just curious. I'm wondering if it would also work with the 500/700 series...
It might be the difference in the assemblies- I’m guessing it’s easier to do the hack with the VM95.

Thanks. I was more interested by the difference between the 2 swappable styluses than the carts themselves. But @HiFi Guy provided the answer I was looking for. I plan to replace the AT stylus on a Clearaudio virtuoso, and was looking at the different offerings from AT. How do you like the microline stylus?
Love it. I came from a Nag 200 and I occassionally switch them out but the 740 blows it away for me. I suppose I'd say its really well balanced. Not bright but not warm, tracks like a beast. I think it's probably the bargain bit of my set up. It's the reason I've resisted messing about with MCs

Great thanks. As usual, clear and great explanation. I looked at my tonearm: The Satisfy Kardan from Clearaudio. I couldn't find where it sits in the mass scale. From the website, it weight 350g and cartridge balance range 2.5g-17g. That's the only info I can find.

Here is what I found for tone arm mass:

I'm not sure where my arm sits? is it low or moderate?
Hoffman Forum folks seem to estimate the effective tonearm mass of the Satisfy as ~9.5g, which on the low end.

Just put a VM95ML on the AT-120 that is my basement/covid times office table and am pretty impressed so far. A lot more sonic info coming through vs the stock green stylus. I think the overall gain may actually be lower, but I am hearing more lows in a big way and clearer highs as well. Excited for how this should sound after it gets some more break in time.

After we're done playing with the Ortofon Blue, we'll be giving another cartridge company I've always wanted to try a go, but never got a chance, something from the more affordably priced upgrade category :)
View attachment 90011

I've been thinking of trying one of these out, let me know how it goes once you've had a chance to test it!

They are. The Zephyr I got was delayed by about 3 weeks due to being back oredered from Soundsmith.

@HiFi Guy If you don't mind sharing, what's your hifi reviewer status these days? Did MusicDirect ever contact you back?
Never heard from them. So I’ll post here when I come across things that interest me.

Back