Phono Cartridges - Your favorites and least favorites?

Just put a Hana SL on there not too long ago and it's sounding wonderful.........but I've had a lot of nice carts on there ;)
View attachment 102024

Here's the "Review" on the Quintet.

Ive just bought that today too! One toy at a time though. The Grado still has legs in it so I’m holding off the swap, for now…

Ive just bought that today too! One toy at a time though. The Grado still has legs in it so I’m holding off the swap, for now…
I give you a week before you make the switch!

I bought a cart a few month ago, thinking I would replace the one I had when it was time to change it. Then a few days later I was curious so I swapped. The other one never got back on...

I give you a week before you make the switch!

I bought a cart a few month ago, thinking I would replace the one I had when it was time to change it. Then a few days later I was curious so I swapped. The other one never got back on...

I do really like the Grado Opus though so I’m not champing at the bit either!

The Opus3 needs to be sent back to Music Direct for a replacement, was mulling over the idea of getting a second "beater" cartridge to use until the Grado gets back (Stupidly sold the Ortofon with the Orbit) and then to use as a bit of tester cart for used records. Well I bit the bullet
217572667_343988197316068_4308129274273019099_n.jpg

Will report back. The reviews on this one looked real interesting, excited to get some time with it, and then to A/B it with the Grado.

Looks like Nagaoka cartridges will be hard to get for a while. I just received an email from a vendor that said they were sold out of the MP-150 and 500 and that that Nagaoka has no cartridges available to order.

View attachment 105853

There are new Nagaokas due soon- the first in a very long time. They accidentally announced it during a Technics online briefing last year- the 'Technics' cart fitted to the special edition SL1210GLE is the prototype.

Meanwhile, this big orange chap arrived this morning; it's a Vertere Sabre.

1628164012985.png

There are new Nagaokas due soon- the first in a very long time. They accidentally announced it during a Technics online briefing last year- the 'Technics' cart fitted to the special edition SL1210GLE is the prototype.

Meanwhile, this big orange chap arrived this morning; it's a Vertere Sabre.

View attachment 107751
Oh yeah, I forgot. The new Nagaoka “Thomas The Tank Engine” cartridges!

Finally wrapping up my "review" of the Goldring G1042, should be up over the weekend. And while I thought this would be it for a while, an unexpected delivery dropped on the stoop today :)
View attachment 107702
I’ll be curious what you think. I’ve been running the 1042 for a couple years and really like it. Thing is a tracking beast.

I’ll be curious what you think. I’ve been running the 1042 for a couple years and really like it. Thing is a tracking beast.
I'll say I agree with you and you'll see more of why in the piece, but the 1042 really kind of fell in a unique position, all for good reasons.

Back