Perfect Sound Forever: The CD Thread

I though I had a lot of CD’s and I only have 1,200! 10,000! Wow, that must take up an entire wall at least!
I live in a very old house with a third floor. It serves as my art studio/music room. They're organized in wall units that traverse sbout half the room. Sounds stupid, but I once read about Jimmy Page's collection, and thought I'd use that as my goal. I watch fb and craigslist for stuff. I love to buy people's collections, you never know what gems you'll find. I move doubles along the way during our yearly yard sale. Best lots I ever bought included a guy who moved from Australia to Cali and sold me a few hundred Aussie rock cds; a collection of ska I picked up; and my favorite, a guy did a building cleanout and removed about 1,200 cds. The place was once an alternative radio station in Boston in the 90's. Lots of cool garage bands trying to get discovered. My wife gets pissed for buying them (How many do you need?!), but I take her along on on buying trips and make them dinner dates.

Last edited:
Grabbed a few more cds this month
The Waterboys - Fisherman's Box (6 cds worth of material recorded during the Fisherman's Blues sessions) - bit of an accideal. Had a price watch on Camel3 for $25 and it briefly dropped to just under $24 so I jumped on it.

3 used cds for under $16 delivered. Can't complain about that.
Rachel Goswell - Waves are Universal (a member of Slowdive, but I did not know this album existed)
Velvet Crush - Teenage Symphanies to God
Badly Drawn Boy - About A Boy OST (nice little album of bedroom chamber pop, worth it just for Something To Talk About)
IMG_1546.jpg

Grabbed a few more cds this month
The Waterboys - Fisherman's Box (6 cds worth of material recorded during the Fisherman's Blues sessions) - bit of an accideal. Had a price watch on Camel3 for $25 and it briefly dropped to just under $24 so I jumped on it.

3 used cds for under $16 delivered. Can't complain about that.
Rachel Goswell - Waves are Universal (a member of Slowdive, but I did not know this album existed)
Velvet Crush - Teenage Symphanies to God
Badly Drawn Boy - About A Boy OST (nice little album of bedroom chamber pop, worth it just for Something To Talk About)
View attachment 164186
That Waterboys box is great value - there’s also a Room To roam box set as well - and the Badly Drawn Boy album is superb too

First one of the old school MoFi gold CDs. This is the original 1989 release. Hate the artwork and the terrible weird jewel cases that they use but it will go in a jazz lounge sleeve and that will ho in the bin…

Really looking forward to hearing this! Loved the Japanese SHM-SACD but had to give it up since the new new transport is redbook CD only. Be interesting to compare!

9A23C691-3C47-442E-A12B-97DA84DD5F39.jpeg

First one of the old school MoFi gold CDs. This is the original 1989 release. Hate the artwork and the terrible weird jewel cases that they use but it will go in a jazz lounge sleeve and that will ho in the bin…

Really looking forward to hearing this! Loved the Japanese SHM-SACD but had to give it up since the new new transport is redbook CD only. Be interesting to compare!

View attachment 164388

what nutter would press 76 mins on one side ??? this cant sound any any good 😉

Back