Party up moodge, it’s the June 2023 Vinyl Challenge!!

Day 3
Bowie or Jones - David never changed his last name, David Bowie was strictly a stage name.
Play something by a person who goes by a stage name or pseudonym

Fridge - Happiness

This post-rock/electronic group included Kieran Hebden, whose pseudonyms include Four Tet and ⣎⡇ꉺლ༽இ•̛)ྀ◞ ༎ຶ ༽ৣৢ؞ৢ؞ؖ ꉺლ.

20230604_134054.jpg

Day 4
Crystal Japan - this instrumental track was originally used in a Japanese commercial in 1980
Play a song used in a commercial

Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica

"Gravity Rides Everything" was used in a minivan commercial, which is weird for a song with lines like "flesh it sags" and "spilt milk, sex and weight..." or maybe that makes it perfect for a minivan commercial, come to think about it...

20230604_160321.jpg

Day 3
Bowie or Jones - David never changed his last name, David Bowie was strictly a stage name.
1000004126.jpg
Panda Bear "Tomboy" - I have a sneaking suspicion that this guy is not using his real name...that or we should be less worried about AI taking over and be more concerned that Panda Bears can sing and make music!

Day 4
Crystal Japan - this instrumental track was originally used in a Japanese commercial in 1980
1000004127.jpg
Grizzly Bear "Veckatimest" - the song Two Weeks, which incidentally is an answer record to the Barenaked Ladies "One Week" which kicked off the East Coast West Coast Hip Hop beef, was used in a commercial per Google so here we are!

Day 4

Band of Horses - Everything All The Time

This album has been in my regular rotation since it came out. I know they got a lot of flack for putting it in this Ford Edge commerical in 2008, but it's not like they ever became one of the insanely wealthy bands and I'm sure the money from this helped them keep making killer records.

IMG20230605100459.jpg

Day 6
Brian Eno famously collaborated with David in the late 70s and again in the 90s.
Play a collaboration

I'll have to backtrack to yesterday's, but was spinning this and realized it fits. Masters of the collab here.

Madvillain
View attachment 174461
I mean you already playing in the future. How are Marty’s Kids?

Day 1
Arnold Corns - This “band” was created by David to try out some early Ziggy material in 1971 with designer Freddie Burretti as “vocalist” (David is actually singing), going so far as to release a single of Moonage Daydream b/w Lady Stardust.
Play something fake

Mike Jackson & The Soul Providers "The Revenge Of Mr Mopoji" (1996 Sam Leung Pictures)
Fake soundtrack for a fake movie by musicians that would become the members of The Dap-Kings. Released by Desco although there is no indications to this on the sleeve - even the "Sam Leung International Pictures" credit on the sleeve is fake.

IMG_0131.JPG

Day 4

The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Are You Experienced
20230605_102209.jpg

This is another bargain bin score from my buddy, actually. I'm sure I'll upgrade it one day but for now, it plays pretty well, with just a very small sprinkling of snaps and crackles.

Day 3

Gonna rock out with Chaim Witz, Stanley Bert Eisen, George Peter John Criscuola, and Paul Daniel Frehley for awhile.

Kiss ~ Alive!

1685988883312.png

Back