Online Vinyl Deals

I mean I’ll give them a couple of weeks… but the second it seems like a cratism debacle, “oh PayPal…”
I don't think we'll end up there. I haven't ordered from Oldies in over a decade (I even sat this one out, which i"m starting to regret), but I had a couple of orders from them back between 2005 and 2010. They've been around a long time. I'd put them in the category of a Movie Mars or Deep Discount (though it looks like they have their own stock whereas a lot of Deep Discount titles are drop shipped). You're not going to get super friendly and responsive customer service like you would from an independent store, but you're also not dealing with one person who's making a lot of promises and failing to deliver on any of them.

I don't think we'll end up there. I haven't ordered from Oldies in over a decade (I even sat this one out, which i"m starting to regret), but I had a couple of orders from them back between 2005 and 2010. They've been around a long time. I'd put them in the category of a Movie Mars or Deep Discount (though it looks like they have their own stock whereas a lot of Deep Discount titles are drop shipped). You're not going to get super friendly and responsive customer service like you would from an independent store, but you're also not dealing with one person who's making a lot of promises and failing to deliver on any of them.

Same - I'm sure they got overwhelmed with this sale (don't recall that many being that discounted at once before), but I haven't had an issue and I wouldn't even be expecting a shipment this soon after any website had a giant sale.

Well, not sure if I’m the only one but this is fucked. Guess it pays for most of my stop at the local today. You think they’d have some leftover for replacements, but they’ll probably dick them over too.

View attachment 187469

Only 10% off?!?! That's whack!

Hell Yep Rock gave me 20% just for having an order ship a week or so later than it should have - and I'm sure the need the money more than fucking Warner!

I got a label created and tracking for one of my oldies boxes today.

I'm assuming the notice I just got from REDEYE is one of my Oldies orders. Disturbing to see it's coming UPS because that likely means I'm getting fucked on arrival (was listed as FedEx when I ordered, who are also heavy handed with bullshit fees, but less than UPS at least!)

Went through over 30 pages sorted by "Newest" twice and couldn't find one item of interest.
So after much looking at target the past few years…your best bet is to search within price brackets and include OOS. It maxes out at 50 pages so it never lists everything in one general search.

Look at brackets like $100-500, $60-100, $40-50 and so on. Sign up for notifications for OOS stuff—lots of sales in the past stuff I thought was long gone had a few copies pop back up, especially toward the end of the sale.

With that said, still not a ton this year that I’d buy. Have found maybe 5-6 items including presales I’ll try to grab.

Got a shipping notification on my order for Full Moon Fever.

Still waiting on shipping for my big order.
The order I placed using the Free Shipping code was canceled. It was too good to be true but I had to try.

UMG canceled the order without sending an email or notifying me in any way so I’m going to complain and see if it gets me anywhere.

Their CS has always been pretty meh so it’s probably a lost cause at this point though.

The Stones recorded in mono back then. The box set is truly exceptional if you haven't heard it yet.
Even though it used DSD transfers... I think it was the best they could do with the catalog of tapes. There are some good articles out there explaining the complexity of the project.
Ok. Happy to be a bit off target on this one. The double dipping is a bit annoying but for £240 this thing was a stone cold bargain. Had a great time ploughing through it last night.

Looks like its still cheap on Amazon.de and Amazon.fr

It’s really good. I’m tempted to buy the 11LP and sell my 7LP haha
I love Wilco and YHF but the reviews for the 2xLP 2011 reissue I already own seem to be quite a bit better than that of the box set. I would love to get the live stuff but half the box set I would probably listen to once and then never again.

Back