Online Vinyl Deals

Went through over 30 pages sorted by "Newest" twice and couldn't find one item of interest.

It does seem like a lot of titles are just not listed anymore. They definitely had the Billy Joel Vol 2 box set listed -- that was the pricey one I was aiming at if the sale happened. I made a list about a month ago, and maybe 2/3 of the titles are no longer listed at all.

It does seem like a lot of titles are just not listed anymore. They definitely had the Billy Joel Vol 2 box set listed -- that was the pricey one I was aiming at if the sale happened. I made a list about a month ago, and maybe 2/3 of the titles are no longer listed at all.
also noticed this when i went to look at the items i was on the look out for from them.

New West has their Black Friday sale on now. Some decent stuff in there (if you like New West artists).
Shipping and Tax always kill the New West Deals for me even though I love their roster. Also how many times are they going to press Sirens of the Ditch in a different color?

Shipping and Tax always kill the New West Deals for me even though I love their roster. Also how many times are they going to press Sirens of the Ditch in a different color?
Haha yeah, they're just gonna keep re-pressing those legacy titles. My local has actually stopped ordering New West titles unless you special order from them, cause it just doesn't pay. Prices always drop, demand is pretty low.

I ordered Esther Rose's new record from them as it is fantastic, and unfortunately the press is lackluster. Jeff Powell cut, but his cuts always seem to end up with a raw deal on the pressing plant. When he actually gets plating/pressing that does it justice, he is the best in the biz for those genres.

If I am not mistaken, they charge you up front on pre-orders.
Plus I feel like it's not a stretch to think you'll get it cheaper later. Unless there were enough I wanted now to hit the free shipping mark, it's worth the patience. Still nice to see them doing some deals to bring the price down even on pre-orders.

Plus I feel like it's not a stretch to think you'll get it cheaper later. Unless there were enough I wanted now to hit the free shipping mark, it's worth the patience. Still nice to see them doing some deals to bring the price down even on pre-orders.
Yeah and there are a lot of represses in stock, which is a bit refreshing!

If they're already in packing process, I get that, but still that is a trend that I do not like.

It's listed as "Processing" when I check online, but also says it should ship in 1-3 days, which it moat certainly hasn't.

I'm fine with getting the records anyway, I honestly was starting to doubt them being shipped and figured I'd start the process to getting my money back just in case - but they responded to that damn quickly!

That said, in my opinion an order should be cancelable up until the moment it actually ships.

It's listed as "Processing" when I check online, but also says it should ship in 1-3 days, which it moat certainly hasn't.

I'm fine with getting the records anyway, I honestly was starting to doubt them being shipped and figured I'd start the process to getting my money back just in case - but they responded to that damn quickly!

That said, in my opinion an order should be cancelable up until the moment it actually ships.
Agree on all that. I'm fine not getting what I ordered if they give me my money back, but I'm sure they got crushed with orders. I'm a month out from my Plaidroom order and that still hasn't shipped. Anyone but them and I'd have done a charge back. But I figure Oldies has a good reputation even if not a lot of us have ordered frequently from there. They should have done what all these douchenozzles (not PR, they have class and did this) should do and send a mass email letting folks know they're behind and it'll take a bit longer to ship. So much goodwill is burned by poor communication.

Annual 20% off sale. Not sure if the extra discount code still stacks.

I mean I’ll give them a couple of weeks… but the second it seems like a cratism debacle, “oh PayPal…”

Last edited:
Back