Online Vinyl Deals

My history with Movie Mars

Anyone else get their DJ Shadow box sets in packaging as siiiiiick as mine? It has so much character. Very real to the streets.

View attachment 7094

View attachment 7095

View attachment 7096

View attachment 7097

It's sent by Movie Mars, though. You have to deal with those motherfuckers directly. They told me that they'd send me a return label. Not enough, buddy. I'm not paying for new packaging and dealing with this heavy ass box to ship it back to you, when the exact reason it's all fucked up is because they didn't want to use a new box, in the first place. They just reused one that was sent to them. In fact, they left the label on the top and made the other flaps that they'e already cut through with a boxcutter when opening it, the new top.

It just hit me that, once I send them a brand new box, they'll just use it on another customer. I'm not supplying their new packing materials, son!

View attachment 7100View attachment 7099

As you can see, the box was barely holding together and there was no additional packaging inside.

This was their response blaming the post office

"We do our best to adequately package and secure our items so that they arrive safely. It appears that this package may have been damaged through the shipping process.
Unfortunately, we cannot control how the carrier handles the packages once they are out of our hands.
"

john scofield/pat metheny "i can see your house from here" $29, normally a lot pricier. I picked it up on the bluenote sale with one of those $50 coupons, so it wasn't a total wash.

john scofield/pat metheny "i can see your house from here" $29, normally a lot pricier. I picked it up on the bluenote sale with one of those $50 coupons, so it wasn't a total wash.
Tone Poets should never be purchased at full price. They always go on sale.

Seems like these Mofi One Steps are just flyyyyyyyying off the shelves these days. Probably because they are picking such high demand titles
even before the whole "mobile infidelity" thing, you could find many of the recent one steps on sale. Pretty much everything after Muddy Waters or Tapestry. the premium box set bubble may have burst.....all the AP UHQRs seem to be sitting there as well. i know they pressed a ton, but now that people aren't stuck at home with more disposable income, these $125-$150 single albums aren't selling nearly as quickly.

Add a preorder and cancel it after you place your order.
200w.gif

Back