Online Vinyl Deals

Well, they canceled my Bob Mould box as "out of stock" even though they are selling it again on the site and on Deep Discount for the regular price. If you're going to cancel it because you priced it wrong, just tell me that. It's not out of stock.

Popmarket pulled that shit with me on Discogs once after many great experiences purchasing through them. I haven't gone back.

Well, they canceled my Bob Mould box as "out of stock" even though they are selling it again on the site and on Deep Discount for the regular price. If you're going to cancel it because you priced it wrong, just tell me that. It's not out of stock.
Damn. That sucks. I got it from Deep Discount when it was $42ish and it showed up today. Hopefully, they'll drop it again.

Damn. That sucks. I got it from Deep Discount when it was $42ish and it showed up today. Hopefully, they'll drop it again.
I tried the one through Walmart, and now going back and forth with the deep discount rep telling me that it is out of stock. But it's still available for sale at the higher price. Told them they were being super shady.

I tried the one through Walmart, and now going back and forth with the deep discount rep telling me that it is out of stock. But it's still available for sale at the higher price. Told them they were being super shady.
They did that to me. Sent me a box set I picked up on sale, got it missing an album. They had it at full price in stock on the site, wouldn’t exchange it, only refunded which then took 35+ days.

They did that to me. Sent me a box set I picked up on sale, got it missing an album. They had it at full price in stock on the site, wouldn’t exchange it, only refunded which then took 35+ days.
Some interesting business practices. I think they got tired of me, I'm retired so can just continue to shoot them emails. The last one just said -

Dear Matt

The item is out of stock

😂

They did that to me once.

I sent them a link to the in-stock, full price listing, along with a message saying "Look. You're still selling it. It's not 'out of stock'. How about you keep the money I gave you for it and just send me the album?"

"We set aside a certain allotment at a sale price, and when those are gone, it goes back up to normal price."

"Okay... well I obviously bought one before your 'allotment' ran out. So when should I expect to receive it?"

They never replied to that last message.

They did that to me once.

I sent them a link to the in-stock, full price listing, along with a message saying "Look. You're still selling it. It's not 'out of stock'. How about you keep the money I gave you for it and just send me the album?"

"We set aside a certain allotment at a sale price, and when those are gone, it goes back up to normal price."

"Okay... well I obviously bought one before your 'allotment' ran out. So when should I expect to receive it?"

They never replied to that last message.
Sounds very much the same. Too bad. I'm hoping they at least refund me in a timely manner.

Good deal here. Looks like this will be my next SY album for my collection. @TenderLovingKiller® not sure if you have a copy yet?

Thanks! I think I grabbed it a few years back via an Amazon sale similar to this. Sub $20 SY is always a worthwhile purchase especially when it’s one of their best late period albums.

I have the 2006 press with black & white cover art; I wonder if the remaster sounds better? I read mixed reviews of quality on Discogs.
My copy sounds great. TBH, most of the SY reissues I have in my collection are pretty good to great. Though Matador pressings from around 2006 to like 2009 were usually 180g and pressed at RTI. So if I found a cheap 2006 I would probably go that route but for like $16 I paid for the reissue I am good for the time being.

My copy sounds great. TBH, most of the SY reissues I have in my collection are pretty good to great. Though Matador pressings from around 2006 to like 2009 were usually 180g and pressed at RTI. So if I found a cheap 2006 I would probably go that route but for like $16 I paid for the reissue I am good for the time being.
I just looked over Discogs it looks like Rather Ripped was released while they were still on Geffen but it does look like the pressing was from RTI too. That being said these reissues look to be marked as Pallas USA so I would image they’d be similar quality from a pressing standpoint, my 2016 pressing sounds really good but I am a sucker for an OG if I find one cheap.

Last edited:
Back