Online Vinyl Deals

Not sure if anyone cares - but I know I work better with sheets than I do with pictures. This is the sheet I used (obviously omitting some data regarding quantity available, sales history, etc.) to plan which items would receive more than 15% discounts on the site. The SKU is internally used for filing and packing orders, but you can use that to search the site for that particular product, too.

What's the free shipping threshold? It's charging me $11 for a single record with media mail
Sorry about that. Shopify has it's quirks, and you've found one of them that we very very rarely run into.

If your order isn't over the free shipping threshold and you have 2 items in your cart.....If neither location (i.e. warehouse or the shop) can fulfill the entire in full it will split the fulfillment locations to be 1 item from each location and charge double shipping. 🤦‍♂️. We always refund this extra cost ($5.50) after the fact.

Under normal circumstances, you'll almost never find this scenario on our site, since we almost always have at least a couple of copies of every title at the shop. But, with the volume coming in during the sale, we're moving pallets at a time to the shop, and there's these little bugs that sort of appear when the shop doesn't have "stock" of the records, and only the warehouse does.

Fair enough, but the real gouge here is that Tool didn’t announce both sets at once. Given the different artwork and overall package of the 3-LP set, Tool must have known the 3-LP was in the pipeline when they announced the 5-LP set. As @Colonel4Bin said, it’s pretty obvious Tool is happy to milk their fans for all their/they’re worth (and more). I’m a Tool fan and didn’t want the 5-LP even @ Amazon’s $100 price today, but I’d consider the 3-LP set at a normal price.
Tool being a tool about vinyl. Makes sense.
At least their name isn't false advertising!

I mean, they're not subtle about it.

Exactly. It's right there in the lyrics "send more money, fuck you buddy."

From overpriced tickets, shiny tour posters, 180 dollar box sets.. it's absurd.. and Tool fans are still fumbling all over themselves to drain their bank account while throwing a hissy fit about prices.

That said, I'll buy one of these when it's down to 35 on Amazon. 😄 That's my middle finger back.

Ha! Thank you - we appreciate it. Our warehouse space went from like 15,000 records in November so something like 95,000 records right now including all the Colemine stock. It's absolutely bursting and we have pallets of incoming stock we don't have room for.

A new warehouse is on the horizon but we won't be getting it for about a year. So for now, this is the next best thing haha!
You could always have a Supermarket Sweep contest where three teams of record collectors are allowed one whole minute to tear through your shop and grab as many records as they can. Problem solved [dusts off hands]

screen-shot-2020-10-08-at-4-21-06-pm-1602189384.png

You could always have a Supermarket Sweep contest where three teams of record collectors are allowed one whole minute to tear through your shop and grab as many records as they can. Problem solved [dusts off hands]

View attachment 144032

"He's going straight to the MoFi aisle for the big price gains!"

View attachment 144032
I am 100% down for this and in fact will be visiting ohio next month, so....lmk plaidroom, I'll bring my running shoes....

The Alan Parsons MoFi and Hendrix UHQR ($51 and $107, respectively) seemed like relatively good deals to me.

Pretty good price for the 1-step and I bet it's a nice sounding record.
I am holding out for the purple box next sale.

The idea of records crashing into wire shopping carts gives me a lot of bent corner anxiety just thinking about it.
Or someone trying to wheel a kallax down the aisles, only to learn that the kallax was assembled the wrong way and this happens

9r611b8v8nv21.jpg

Anyone own the Gillian Welch/Dave Rawlings boxset? Plaidroom has it for $85 during the sale. Apparently it includes a 60 page booklet, nice aesthetics, etc. Can't find any info on where it was pressed, but all the other Welch records I have came out of QRP and are AAA. Assume this is no different.
I bought this as soon as we got it in stock. My copy sounds great - although I never looked into where it was pressed. I feel like there's so much music for a 3-lp, too. One of my favorite purchases this year!

Anyone own the Gillian Welch/Dave Rawlings boxset? Plaidroom has it for $85 during the sale. Apparently it includes a 60 page booklet, nice aesthetics, etc. Can't find any info on where it was pressed, but all the other Welch records I have came out of QRP and are AAA. Assume this is no different.
Here’s the hype sticker. Don’t they press their own stuff at this point?

88FFFA94-0D47-409C-A712-FEF1F074ED39.jpeg

EDIT: Looks like you're right, based on this article--they cut their own laquers, then send to QRP for pressing. Info. in the booklet with this box set doesn't mention (that I can see) where it's pressed, but the mastering info matches the article.

Last edited:
Back