Online Vinyl Deals

Ah yes, the old bait and switch.
Amoeba's a pretty cool store in my experience that does not need to b&s,. Lots great music lovers working there during a pandemic for a good living wage and health insurance. They nearly went under during the pandemic and opening a new store. More likely miss-communication between departments from working at home or something.

Amoeba's a pretty cool store in my experience that does not need to b&s,. Lots great music lovers working there during a pandemic for a good living wage and health insurance. They nearly went under during the pandemic and opening a new store. More likely miss-communication between departments from working at home or something.

I was talking to an employee recently and they said that the online shop is a completely different business and has a completely different warehouse. I have a gift card from the online shop and I keep finding stuff in the store that I want but it’s not online.

first of the RT sale boxes arrived! the fleetwood mac 1973-1974 box set. listening now and so far they sound great. cut by CB and all seem to be AAA. not my favorite fleetwood mac albums overall, but still solid and a nice package overall especially for that sale price.
Nice! Got my first shipment also: Thalia Zedek Band; Rilo Kiley; Slaughter Beach, Dog; Dinosaur Jr.; Rose City Band; and Mattiel 7".

Is this stereo pressing really that much better then other ones?

And, in looking at whether I should trade out another copy for this one, I realized I have the 2014 mono reissue and it's selling for +$200! Is there a compelling reason to hang on to this? Won't there inevitably another mono reissue given how often Beatles records get the reissue treatment?

Thanks in advance for your N&G counsel.
It depends what you want. If you want a mono LP version, if I'm not mistaken, according to discogs, the last mono reissue prior to that was a Japanese version in 1986/82 and a UK one in 1981. The mono versions were also the first AAA reissues in quite some time. I hope they reissue them again, clearly there is a demand, but with how old those tapes are, it is hard to assume it will be AAA again, unless they held on to enough extra stampers.

If you prefer the stereo version and don't like the mono version, then you should get rid of it either way. Not sure what the best stereo version/reissue is. There have been a lot more reissues of the stereo version.

Is this stereo pressing really that much better then other ones?

And, in looking at whether I should trade out another copy for this one, I realized I have the 2014 mono reissue and it's selling for +$200! Is there a compelling reason to hang on to this? Won't there inevitably another mono reissue given how often Beatles records get the reissue treatment?

Thanks in advance for your N&G counsel.
There are rumors that the mono tapes won’t be used again…and any future monos might be from digital

Back